𝟷𝟶

the long day had finally ended

the long day had finally ended. your head was filled with thoughts ever since that incident occurred. it didn't help that you were as equally as confused as earlier. you couldn't figure out why he would make such a rash decision, but it's not like you cared anyways.

you care a bunch

you tch under your breath, walking to your front door. the game was only an hour and a half away, so you were quick to get ready.

you decided to look at least half-decent, wanting to look somewhat presentable. you brush your hair, putting it in your signature style. you decided to wait a bit, letting the time pass by.

kuroo asks if you're on your way, indicating for you to begin walking to the school.

you get there, hearing the boy's screams and cheers. they were practicing before their game against- fukurodani? you weren't sure if that was the definite team, but you heard kuroo mention them a few times the past couple of days.

you enter the gym, kuroo automatically catching your eye. he waves, jogging towards you. his arm slings around your shoulder, catching you in a warm headlock. he was already sweating a bunch, making you scrunch your nose up.

he brings you over to the team. you get multiple "hey's" and "what's up" from the team. kenma was standing against the net pole, watching your every move. he wasn't going to deny that what he did earlier was stupid, but he was stuck. he didn't know what he should've done.

he wasn't going to deny that he has enormous feelings for you. that kiss just made his want for you even more desperate, but he was scared.

he was terrified

the fukuradoni boys walk in. you avert your gaze to the energetic boy skipping in.

him and kuroo exchange handshakes, talking to each other. you pull out your phone, distracting yourself until kuroo calls you over. you nod, shoving your phone in your pocket.

"bokuto- this is y/n. y/n this is my bro, bokuto." he shines a small smirk. a blush finds its way to your cheeks, sending a small smile back.

"it's a pleasure to meet you, gorgeous." he sends a wink your way, jogging away to the coach's yells. you stand there dumbfounded, feeling a slight tingle in your chest.

"oi. look at kenma." kuroo nudges your shoulder; you turn your head, seeing kenma giving a glare to bokuto. you softly smirk. is he really jealous right now?

a little teasing wouldn't hurt

you could feel bokuto's stare from afar.

this guy was bold

you look back at him, sending him a playful wink. you could see his forming blush from a distance, allowing a sense of pride to overtake you.

you make your way to the bleachers, the game beginning rather quickly. the coaches gave the players a quick pep talk, shoving them into the game.

the game finally ended with fukurodani winning by a few points. no hard feelings between the two best friends as they chatted away after the game.

you make your way towards the two, moving your hips a little more than usual.

the two guys look your way. one grins while the other sends a soft smirk.

"hey, boys. great game." you shove your hands in your pockets. their tall figure towers over yours, looking down at your small frame.

"thanks, cutie." you tug your lip, the pet name forming a soft blush on your cheeks.

"oi, stop flirting with my friend jackass." kuroo flicks the back of bokuto's head, and he whines, rubbing it.

"so uh, are you- single, by any chance? i know this is so quick, but-"

"no im- im single." his eyebrow raises, a smirk appearing.

"well, miss single, can i take you out on a date?" the smirk turns into a soft smile, his hands folding behind his back. you didn't think you could become any more flustered, but you nodded, a gentle smile making its way to your face.

"then uh- it's a date— oh my number! here." he passes you his phone, and you exchange numbers, the same blush resting on his cheeks.

"well, uh— text me whenever then." you give a soft smile, turning the other way and walking out of the building. you couldn't seem to get rid of the smile on your way out of the school, but that thought was crushed when you saw a familiar silhouette. your smile falters, and you turn to walk another way when the exact profile grabs your arm, keeping you in place.

kenma kept his head down, his hair shading his features.

"hey, uhm- can we talk?" you look down at his stance, slouched and fidgeting. you almost have in, but you softly chuckle, shaking your head out of his grasp.

"i don't think we do. you made it very clear how you felt yesterday." you shove your hands away from his grab and begin to walk away. you could hear the hesitation in his voice, but a sigh escapes inside, and you continue on your way home.

"kenma." he looks back, kuroo towering over his body. he had a stern look on his face, and kenma grimaced, avoiding any sort of eye contact.

"me, you, talk, now." he grabs him by the ear, and kenma whines but allows the taller male to lead, preparing himself for the future lecture.

" he grabs him by the ear, and kenma whines but allows the taller male to lead, preparing himself for the future lecture

©KUROSH1MA