𝟿

after that moment you had with kenma, things have been- different between you two

     after that moment you had with kenma, things have been- different between you two. it wasn't like you two were together, but you weren't just strangers anymore.

it was now winter. school got better only because you were with him and kuroo every day. he didn't talk much, but he would show little gestures that significantly impacted your mood.

he would gently grab your hand under the lunch table during the most unexpected time. his fingers would graze against yours first; then, he would wait for you to open your hand so he could gently slide his hand into yours.

there were also times when you would shiver in the classroom and pass him his sweatshirt, only because he wasn't cold.

these little sparks of affection always made your heart tingle. you loved it. he was always warm somehow, which made it even better because you were always so cold. you absolutely hated the cold, and he knew that, so he constantly ensured that you were the warmest you could be around him.

but today. today was different. he didn't hold my hand at the lunch table. or didn't hand me his sweatshirt whenever i was cold. he was so distant, and you weren't sure why.

is it my fault? did i do something too forward that he didn't like?

these questions were flooding your brain every second you could think. you really, really liked him, and you didn't want him to slide from your fingers with no straight-up explanation.

"kuro, did i do something wrong?" he pats your head.

"no, you didn't, but if he drops you for whatever reason, i'm here!" he wraps an arm around you, allowing you to chuckle. you nod in reassurance, causing him to smile softly.

it was currently lunch break. you were expecting kenma to be there, waiting for you. but today, he wasn't. you knew for sure he was at school that day because you had seen him in one of your earlier classes.

you grew worried. it wasn't like him not to show up. he would always let you know if you weren't there. you knew that you two weren't together, so you couldn't be protective, but you already felt so close to him that you couldn't help it.

kuroo decided to tag along, helping you find him. he felt as if you were overreacting, but he wouldn't deny that kenma was off. kenma wasn't the type to just leave without a reason why, especially for her.

you both turn the corner, finding kenma leaning against his locker. a smile makes his way onto your face as a relieved state washed over you.

you slightly jog towards him, only for him to look up at you and back away. you stop, scrunching your eyebrows up. he looks down, showing a slight bit of guilt on his face.

"kenma? are you okay? you've been super dist-"

"look, i don't like you! i never did. i'm sorry for leading you on or making it seem as if i liked you, but i don't, and i never will. i'm- im sorry." he turns around with his hands in his pockets and walks off.

you stood there in disbelief. tears brimmed the edges of your eyes, letting the words flow through your head repeatedly.

"w-wait, kenma- what do you mean?" you tried forming as many words as possible, but it didn't make up for anything. you were still as confused. still as hurt.

he turns his head in your direction. his sight directed to kuroo, watching his angry mood shift to a confused yet worried expression. kuroo wasn't as concerned with kenma. he should've known that kenma would pull a stunt like this, but not with y/n.

y/n was too crucial for kenma to do something like this. so why? he was determined to find out. he wasn't just going to sit here and let your relationship burn. it was too special.

"i didn't stutter y/n." he turns back around, turning the corner. your eyes flutter as tears fill them. you cover your mouth, choking on your tears, before falling onto your knees.

you weren't the type to be so head over heels for a guy, so why were you being so dramatic with kenma. it wasn't any different from the guys you used to talk to.

he's different.

you shake the thought from your head.

if he were different, this wouldn't have been happening

you heard rapid footsteps behind you, arms wrapping around your body. you turn your body, facing his, muffling your sobs. you took a sharp breath in, calming yourself down.

it felt as if something inside of you suddenly snapped. you eventually stopped crying, wiping under your eyes. kuroo cups your face, examining it before sighing.

"i'm sorry." he pets the top of your head. you nod, not wanting to say anything.

"it's fine. it should be used to this type of treatment anyways." you slightly laugh, falling into silence.

"he has feelings for you." you cringe, looking up.

"he said otherwise."

"i know how he is- and i know he's lying. just trust me on this." you hesitantly nod. he pushes himself up with his knees, giving you a hand. you softly grasp it, standing up as well, brushing your knees.

"i know you might not want to see him, but we have a game later today. i think you should come. besides, it'll boost my confidence a bunch if i see you up there cheering for me." you softly chuckle, leaving a lingering smile on your face.

"okay, kuroo- i'll go." he jumps around, acting a little more energetic than usual. he sees that a bigger smile made its way to your face, causing him to slightly smile as well.

all he wanted was to cheer you up. he wasn't going to let kenma get away with what he did, and that's guaranteed.

 he wasn't going to let kenma get away with what he did, and that's guaranteed

©KUROSH1MA