three

"it's okay, calm down. we'll protect you." dr. cullen stepped forward with jasper, who was working on removing the tension from the group.

"stand behind edythe and alice. we'll protect you." edward nodded to y/n, and she slipped to behind the two girls.

'i wonder what's her deal.' y/n heard a voice, which sounded like the boy who had just spoken to her but his lips didn't move. she stared right at him which took him by suprise, 'did you hear me?' he thought, and she nodded.

before edward could let his family know about the quick discovery, the red haired woman and riley rushed to the front of the cullens. riley was growling and in a attack position, upset that y/n had escaped him.

"hello, what seems to be the problem here?" esme smiled, heartwarmingly to the red head and riley. for some reason, esme had felt a strong connection to y/n and decided it was right of her to protect her as her own.

riley stared angrily at y/n, completely furious with the fact that she had gotten any, "she's ours." he growled, even with jasper trying to diffuse the situation, he was still very angry.

the red head stepped in front of riley and spoke. her voice was husky and deep, contrasting her petite figure, "no. there is no problem. just passing by." she lied, "see you guys around." she tugged riley's arm and dragged him out of the field and far away to the point where neither edward or y/n could hear her thoughts.

emmett rolled his eyes when the two ran off, clearly hoping for a fight. he turned and faced y/n, he was about to speak but carlisle cut him off.

"i think we should take you to our home. you seem quite shaken up, and hungry." he said softly to y/n as the coven and shapeshifters made their way home. jasper lingered behind with carlisle, still controling the emotions of the newborn.

when the doctor mentioned her thirst, y/n soft hands rushed to her throat and she gasped, "what do i eat?" she pleaded.

"i'll take her hunting." the honey blond boy stepped forward, "then we'll come home."

carlisle nodded, him too joining the coven in rushing home to prepare for y/n.

"jasper. jasper whitlock ma'am." he gently held his hand out in front of y/n who shook it shakily.

"i'm y/n l/n." she smiled, despite being quite hungry causing her to be in excruciating pain, "look i don't mean to be disrespectful jasper but-"

"you're hungry. i know. i've been through it too." he smiled, his sharp teeth glittering, "there's a really good spot up the hill with mountain lions, edward's favourite, we'll go there." he told y/n, staring at her carefully, unsure of her reaction.

"just follow me." he began to sprint towards the hill with y/n chasing behind him.

it didn't take long for the pair of them to find their prey. jasper began to calm down the agitated mountain lion until he realised y/n had already been doing it. soon after she jumped at the lion, devouring her prey with jasper greedily eating the lions mate.

once they both finished their meal, y/n stood up. the after feeling had finally sunk.

she's a vampire.