six

for the next two weeks, y/n lived with carlisle, esme and jasper. she did stay at the others homes, but especially bella and edwards cottage. her, jacob and renesmee had formed a relationship and the three often did everything together.

where y/n went, jasper followed. the two were attached at the hip and the southern sweetheart loved it.

that same week, they drove together to j.jenks who got y/n a passport and forged custody papers so carlisle was y/n's legal guardian. her last name was also changed to cullen to make it more official.

the two became extremely close.

that night y/n was invited to the quileute reservation, to formally meet the shapeshifters.

y/n had already met the clearwaters and jacob, and had brief conversations with the now-resigned alpha, sam uley and his wife emily.

only a few cold ones were allowed on the reservation at a time so y/n invited jasper. obviously.

at around 6pm, jasper and y/n made their way to the reservation and y/n gave leah a quick hug. y/n loved to cook but since she couldn't eat human food without it tasting bad, she would give her treats to seth and leah. because of this leah bonded with y/n.

as everyone ate jasper slipped beside the newborn and looked at her, "i kinda wish i could eat one human meal for the last time." she hummed, "whenever i try something it tastes like dirt."

jasper chuckled and unconsciously played with the end of y/n's long h/c hair, "honestly me too. before i was turned i used to eat chicken pie every other day. now, i live for mountain lions." 

y/n looked up into his golden eyes and smiled softly, she about to say something but she interupted by jacob black clearing his throat, gaining everyone's attention as the alpha.

everyone got into their seats and looked directly at him. seth sat on the left side of y/n and she winked childishly at him before focusing on jacob.

he began reciting the story of the tribe, despite everyone hearing it multiple times, everyone was fascinated by it every time.

"the quileutes have been a small tribe from the start. we were great spirit warriors. shape shifters, that transform into the powerful wolf. this enabled us to scare off our enemies, and protect our tribe. one day one of our warriors came across something that looked like a human. but this thing was no human." jacob begun and y/n could not take her eyes off him.

"it looked like a man. but he was cold and hard as stone. our warriors sharp teeth finally tore it to shreads. but the only true way to kill it is by burning it's body." he continued.

y/n looked at the fire in front of them and moved closed to jasper, slowly resting her head on his shoulder.

"our people lived in fear that the cold man lived alone. and they were right. the cold man had mate, and she was angry. she took revenge on our people, killing everyone in sight. our elder taha aki was the last man who carried the spirit gene."

jasper glanced at y/n, smiling shyly at her before looking at jacob, completely enchanted by the story.

"in the fight, taha aki's third wife knew he was lose. she was no special being but she did had a powerful trait. courage. she sacrificed herself for us. while the cold one was distracted, taha aki ripped her to pieces and she was set on fire."

y/n bit the inside of her lip, scared that one day that will be her fate so she grabbed jasper's hand and held it. she didn't look at him and continued staring into the fire. jasper linked his fingers with y/n's small hand and smiled.

"we owe our lives to taha aki and his wife. she saved us and surrendered her life for ours. and because of that we sit here today, with family and happy." jacob smiled, wrapping up the story and sitting comfortably, his hand sliding in to renesmee's.

sam uley looked at jacob with a proud look, proud that he was able to overcome his troubles and find his footing as the tribe leader and official alpha. sam looked back at his wife, emily, and shared a sweet kiss with her.

he turned back to jacob, "billy would've been proud, extremely." he said quietly and jacob nodded, looking up to the sky with a hand on his heart.

after a few hours of sharing stories and relaxing, y/n and jasper began to make their way home. jasper drove them both home, also taking renesmee to her parents.

when jasper took y/n to the door of her room, she turned to him, "i wanted to say thank you earlier for helping me adjust to this crazy life. and thank you for being such a great person, jas."

"it's no problem really. i wish i had someone to do the same to me when i turned." he shrugged, feeling quite shy.

y/n giggled softly and stared into his golden eyes once again, "you're the best." she leaned over and left a gentle kiss on his cheek before pulling away and smiling, "i'm gonna be doing something cool tonight, you can join me if you want."

jasper was completely taken back from y/n's actions that he stuttered over his words, "uhh yea-yeah, let me go grab my things and get changed into something comfy." he dashed off to his room and y/n's smile grew bigger.

he was falling for her, big time.

and so was she.