twelve

it was about 1am in the morning when everyone returned to their seperate homes. y/n convinced esme and carlisle to go do what they do while her and jasper cleaned up.

she was quite stubborn, and with the powers she replicated from jasper, she succeeded easily.

y/n hummed to the radio and she washed the final few dishes swayed her hips slowly to the ed sheeran song playing.

"you look cute." jasper called from the other side of the kitchen and within seconds he was standing beside her, helping her dry the dishes.

"i'm never gonna get used to people speeding like that." she giggled and he smiled earnestly. once she finished washing the last cup, she stared at him, leaning on the wall.

"what? do i have something on my face?" he asked curiously and she shook her head no, "then what are you staring at?" he continued.

"well not it's not what i was staring at," she started and he raised an eyebrow, "it's what i'm thinking about."

"which is?"

"how we almost kissed today."

jasper continued drying the dishes, looking carefully at y/n, "how did you feel about it?"

"do you really have to ask me that? don't you know what i'm feeling?" she asked smartly.

he laughed, "smart girl." y/n felt like she was on heaven, "i do, and i feel it immensely, if that makes sense. but i'd rather hear it from you beautiful."

y/n smiled and jokingly rolled her eyes, "i loved it. kinda annoyed we didn't kiss. and i'd like to think we'd have all the time in the world for it but, y'know we don't know the outcome of this battle."

jasper stood in front of y/n and leaned in, kissing her forehead softly before resting his forehead on hers, "i promise you we have all the time in the world, princess."

y/n looked at into his eyes sadly.

"i promise that nothing is going to happen to you, or me. we're both going to make it out together." he stated confidentally.

she held out her pinky finger and chuckled, "i pinky promise." he said, relieving her nerves.

y/n nodded and kissed his cheek before pulling away, "time for school?"

"time for school."