eleven

for the next two weeks, life flew past. the coven and the wolves would train all day and through the night y/n and jasper would go over school work. math was never y/n's favourite as she was terrible at it, but with the honey blond boy, she finally got it.

but even still, she was bored.

"wanna help me out with something?" she asked as the sun starting peaking through his windows. she always loved it when it was sunnier, and loved it even more jasper's skin in it shined. it glimmered like diamonds in the sunlight and y/n swore it made jasper more beautiful.

y/n's train thought was interrupted by jasper getting up and putting the math textbooks away, "what did you have in mind?"

--

the two spent the early morning preparing a large brunch and prepped lunch as well, as a thanks to the pack who spend their days training. they had already left a message at the black pack's residence to sleep in until 12.30pm and come without breakfast.

"we just, well y/n, wanted thank you guys and give you a day off." jasper smiled at the pack who were happily eating, excited to have a day off.

y/n was also quite happy that people enjoyed her food, "i know it's hard training and for someone you barely know so this is my way of saying thank you. with a day off and delicious food." she ruffled seth's hair who laughed, "i'll be preparing lunch soon as well so honestly you can do what you want today. just be back by 3.45pm, and at 9pm where we'll have a bonfire." she smiled and looked at jasper who gave her a wink.

jacob looked at them both and smirked, "give it up for jasper and y/n," he said loudly and the pack clapped in unison, paul and leah pretending to throw flowers as they jokingly bowed and wiped fake tears.

-

after a big lunch, jasper and y/n drove to the grocery store to pick up marshmellows. this was y/n's first encounter with many humans so emmett and rosalie drove in the car behind them, just incase.

"nervous?"

"of course i'm nervous, that's such a stu-" y/n started but caught herself quickly, "sorry. i didn't mean to say that. i am nervous, really nervous." she started out the window and bit her lip, fiddling the sleeve of jasper's jacket that she was wearing.

jasper smiled, "you'll be fine, don't worry." he stared at the traffic lights before him and reached out to hold y/n's hand. she looked at their hands and linked them together.

she calmed down almost immediately.

the both got out the car and walked into the store, still holding hands. they walked to the marshmellows in silence before y/n spoke, "do you think they sell one of those disposable cameras? i wanted to buy some for the next chapter of my scrapbook project."

jasper smiled widely at y/n when she spoke, quite happy she hasn't gone crazy due to the scent of humans, "yeah, they're in the far aisle, want me to come with?" she nodded , still pretty scared.

at the end of the shopping trip, y/n was pretty pleased with herself. she was even able to engage in conversation with the cashier before the left the store.

back at the cullen's home, as they prepped the ice cream and marshmallows. "i still can't believe that," edythe spoke, "you didn't even slip up once? like you had a full conversation?" she was in disbelief.

y/n laughed and they both made their way to the back garden where a fire was being lit by jasper and emmett, "it was scary but i can't believe it either." they both began handing out dessert to the pack before sitting down. when jasper finished with the fire, edythe chuckled and got up, allowing him to sit beside y/n.

jasper watched y/n silently take pictures of everyone relaxing and having fun. his eyes were full of love and adoration and for the first time, jasper truly believed he has met his match.

y/n turned to him and smiled, "something wrong?" she asked, her eyes flickering from his lips to he's beautiful eyes.

"can i kiss you?" he asked quietly. she nodded, a shy look on her face.

jasper continued to stare into her eyes and slowly began to lean in close.

closer,

and closer.

until their lips lightly brushed against each other but before they could kiss properly,

"let's tell stories!" one of the younger wolves yelled, causing y/n and jasper to move far from each other with embarrassed looks.