sixteen

it had been a week since bree died.

y/n spent almost every in day in bed. she had no motivation to do anything but sit in bed. she refused any visitors and didn't even leave her room to hunt.

she only allowed jasper in her room but even with him trying to get her happy, she stayed sad and curled in a ball on the bed.

when jasper went out to hunt, y/n got up and decided it was no longer time to moan and stay in bed. it had to change. she should be grateful that she had a second chance on life and as she saw it could be taken from her very quickly so it was no longer time to grieve but to be happy and get on with it.

she jumped out her window and ran into the forest, trying to find jasper. she stood still and tried to see if she could read his thoughts which would indicate that he's in a close area.

it didn't matter anyways because he was right behind her.

"y/n?" he asked.

she turned, smiling at him. he looked beautiful with a ray of sunshine causing his skin to sparkle. his dirty blond hair, desperately in need of a trip, hung to his cheeks that were soft and kissable.

"hungry?" he asked her and she nodded, "i found an amazing sleuth just out of hibernation, the best time."

"let's go." she agreed and began following him. y/n hated hunting but it was needed as her eyes were as black as the night sky.

once they finished hunting, they sat on a tree branch and y/n rested her head on his shoulder, "alice found out it's your birthday soon. november 21st right?" y/n hummed a response, agreeing, "she and edythe want to throw you a party. i said i'll have to get back to them."

y/n smiled, "but aren't i a vampire? i don't age."

"just for fun. it'll only be us, yknow the coven and some of the pack." he put a hand on her knee.

"okay maybe," she looked at her feet swinging and sighed softly, "sorry about this week. i just couldn't deal and i felt so useless. i lost her twice, jas, not just once. i wish they took me honestly, i can't do this any-"

jasper tilted her chin and made her look at him, "i'm sorry your sister isn't here. i know, sorry isn't what you want to hear but i'm sorry."

"jas,"

"but you need to remember that you're here for a reason. whether it's to be with me or to have a second chance at life. you are special and you are wanted. and i thank the stars every goddamn night that you are with me, okay?" he pulled her face closer, "you are strong, you are observant, you are beautiful and i love that about you. so please, please, remember that."

y/n stayed quiet, barely moving. her eyes flickered from his lips to his eyes and back to his lips before leaning in and kissing him passionately.

their lips moved in unison, as if they were made for this. she breathed in his scent and felt intoxicated with his hand moving straight to her waist. he held on tight and pulled her close. y/n could've sworn she had died and gone to heaven.

she put on hand on his chest before pulling away.

she looked up at him and bit her bottom lip, "that was my first kiss." she whispered shyly and he chuckled at her.

"not bad for your first time." he replied, comforting her.

"well how about a second time?"

"you read my mind."