ninteen

the party ended around 2am and even then nobody knew where jasper had gone to, and he didn't pick up his phone either.

and for the first night since y/n had turned, she felt completely bored.

time goes slow when you're immortal so y/n distracted herself by reading her new books. it was the only thing that brought her peace when she was still human and she hope it would ease her mind now.

luckily it did. but only so much reading can distract you for so long.

after reading through the first harry potter book and half of the second, y/n got up looked at herself in the mirror. she was shocked at her dark eyes and decided she should go hunt. normally she would go with jasper, would he help her in case she ran into trouble but she decided it was time for her to act more independent.

like her mother told her.

it was around 8am when she had return from her almost unsuccessful hunting trip. she have accidentally trailed onto quileute land but luckily it was paul who was patroling that night.

"you're lucky it's just me," he said to her when he phased back to talk to her, "sometimes the younger ones still struggle with your scent so this could've hand a different ending."

y/n smiled shyly, "sorry, i didn't know where i was going. i normally hunt with jasper-"

"but he hasn't returned yet, i know." paul nodded, sitting beside y/n on a fallen tree trunk, "is this your first night without him beside you?"

"kinda" she shrugged, staring at the moon, "it's weird. y'know being alone as someone who doesn't sleep. it's like what is time."

he laughed and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, "hey, technically i'm breaking rules since i should be patrolling."

she laughed and got up, "i'll leave you to it then, bye paulette." she giggled before hugging him goodbye and leaving to go back home.

when y/n got home, she opened up the laptop on jasper's desk and decided to find her own harry potter house. she thought that slytherin had the best clothes, so of course she'd be placed in that and luckily she did.

"i wonder what house jasper is in." she whispered to herself.

a chuckle came from the door,  "i'm a slytherin actually sweetheart."

"jasper," y/n eye's practically lit up, sparkling in the moonlight and she ran to him, hugging him tightly, "where the hell did you go? and why didn't you tell me? why didn't you leave a note?" she rambled before staring him in the face and kissing him.

jasper laughed and softly kissed her back before pulling away, "i'm sorry. i had put your present in a safe and i had to go get it." he had a large box behind him with a small box on top.

"jasper, you shouldn't have." she sadly looked at him, "all i want is your company. i don't need anything but you."

"open aro's one first," he kissed her forehead, "i'm curious."

she rolled her eyes jokingly and unwrapped it. it was a beautiful golden necklace and a note. she handed the bracelet to the southern boy in shock. she opened the note and read it out loud,

'hello y/n,

i heard about your marvellous powers. truly incredible. and because of this i am prepared to make you a deal.

whenever you want, you and someone will be allowed to join us, the volturi. whether it's in the next hundred years or next week, you are welcome to join. please get back to me with your response and i congratulate you on your birthday.

aro.'

"he invited me to be apart of the volturi?" she raised her eyebrows and put the letter down.

"will you say yes?" he asked, she shook her head.

"maybe in the next hundred years, but definitely not now." she kissed his cheek and put aro's present away. she was creeped out by aro and the thought of wearing a gold bracelet from him did not please her at all so she shoved it under her bed.

out of sight, out of mind.

"open." he smiled and put the boxes he got for her on the desk. he handed y/n the small box first. y/n sat beside him on the couch in her room and opened it slowly. when she opened it she immediately hugged him, her face against his chest.

"oh jas." she whispered and he rubbed her back.

"do you like it?" he asked, smiling, "i had to go to so many stores to find the perfect one."

it was a beautiful diary that had y/n's name embroidered in gold thread and patterned with daisies.

"i love it." she whispered, her fingers tracing over her name. he ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her exposed shoulder.

"now for the big one." he grinned and she shook her head.

"you are absolutely insane jas," she got up anyways and giggled at the messy wrapping paper.

"look, i don't know how to wrap stuff." he whined shyly, wrapping his arms from the back of her waist and leaning his chin on her shoulder.

"don't, it's lovely. i love it." she pecked his nose softly before opening the box and gasping.

inside there laid her vinyl, surrounded by all over favourite disks and a few new ones, "you didn't.." she whispered, picking up her disks and staring at them. she put them down on the desk then picked up the record player and blinked, "you went to my house?" she whispered and he nodded.

"i got a lot of things actually." he let go of her waist and opened her closet, "some old clothes, a photo album from your room. and jewellery and stuff."

y/n bit her lip sadly, looking at the polaroid's of her friends and her. she missed them so much and she knew she couldn't ever see them again.

"they had a memorial outside your house. for yknow, your family and you." jasper picked up a bunch of cards and handed them to y/n, "i picked up as many as i could without being caught. emmett and edward came with me, i couldn't carry all of these by myself. i hope you like it."

"i love you." y/n whispered and jasper looked at her shocked, "i do jasper, i really love you. so much." she put down her stuff and hugged him tightly, breathing in his scent and loving every second of it.

"i love you too."