Part 22

Mia's POV

His scent was all around me as I woke. It made me feel safe, and the softness around me engulfed me into a hug. Softness.. I'm on a bed again.
I opened my eyes and sighed out loudly. It's not fair that they keep putting me on beds and in all these situations where I would never dare break a rule but am forced to. I don't understand what the purpose is. What kind of training is this?

I looked around for the Alpha but the bed seemed to be empty. My eyes trailed to a door where I could make out various sounds coming from inside. He must be in the washroom.

I kept my eyes on the door for a while until I jumped seeing it open, breaking me out of my daze. My fear held me frozen for a few moments until I regained control. Quickly I leaped from the bed and crashed onto the floor with a groan. The beds are a lot taller then I keep expecting.
I wasn't sure where I should go or if I should even move. I saw his feet enter my vision and I decided it's safer to show my belly so I rolled over to show my vulnerability.

He knelt down to my level and I flinched away from him. "Love, I'm not going to hurt you. It's ok to be on the bed, I prefer it even. There's no reason for you to have to be uncomfortable on the floor."

I looked up at him but didn't meet his eyes. I felt like I was still in trouble. I shouldn't be breaking so many rules but a lot of them I can't control!

"I must leave for a bit, will you be alright? I'll have food brought up shortly" I gave him a small nod as I returned to a normal position. I couldn't help become excited to see if I would get more fruit. But instantly felt disgusted by my thoughts.
"Nate and Lily are going to come up later to spend some time with you." I watched him leave and oddly became sad. The room felt too big and empty without him. Nate was nice so maybe I will like having someone around.

I had nothing to do so I decided to wait patiently. I laid down more comfortably and rested my head on my paws while my attention went to the door. It wasn't long until I heard a pair of footsteps from down the hall come closer. I couldn't help but feel a bit excited that I wouldn't feel so bored and alone. Why am I feeling this way? I should be scared.

When I saw the doorknob turn, the excitement I was worried about soon fell and I was overcome by memories and the danger this often meant. I whimpered and got into my trained position.

"Mia, you're looking so well. Much healthier than when we last encountered" I glanced up at the feminine voice and saw the lady who was with me in the other room when I first woke up here. "We haven't been properly introduced. I'm Lily, Kayden and Nates sister" She said with a big smile and rested her arm on the man beside her. He groaned and she giggled.

"Still figuring out if it's a blessing or a curse" her smile grew and she plopped onto the floor many feet away from me. I instinctively flinch at her fast movement and heard her mumble a quick "sorry" I felt bad for bringing down her mood so quickly. It made me feel warm inside from her energy when I recovered from my fear.

"Don't bring too much energy into the room Lily, you're getting too excited" I really like her, I don't want Lily to be in trouble. My head lowered a bit but I kept my eyes on them.

Lily perked up again and gave a big smile to Nate, "She's fine doctor dog. You're too professional sometimes, lighten up" I gawked at her in horror. She's going to get herself really hurt talking like that. "I won't push her limits too much, no reason to tiptoe around her either though. She's a person who deserves an honest friend, not just a doctor and a protective mate" My heart pounded and hurt in a weird way from her comment. The same way it did with the stuffy in the white room. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She called me a person, but I'm a dog.