Part 7

Kayden's POV

The pack house comes into view and I feel my heart race and the blood pumping through my veins, I can't let her die, I just met her and I don't even know her name! This is my mate!
I feel the tears fall down my face as I bust through the pack door into the entrance room.

My mom runs into the room and we make eye contact, her face goes from mad to worried in an instance, she looks down and sees the almost lifeless little wolf in my arms and immediately rushes to get a pack doctor.

I cradle my little mate gently in my hold feeling if I let go then she will die and I can't let that happen.
Anger consumes me and all I can think is, whoever did this will Die!
I look up to see my mother rush in with a doctor, he runs to me urgently telling me to follow him. I do so and we soon reach a white hospital room, I lay her down gently on the bed before nurses rush in and start to crowd the place, they push me out and I refused to leave so I growled at them.

"This is my mate!" I growl again.

"Alpha, I'm sorry but we need full concentration so we can save our luna" he looked me dead in the eyes and I looked away and nodded.
I was lead outside the room and then the doors closed.

My anger started to boil over and I needed to break something before I killed someone.
"Kayden dear, talk to me" I hear my mother say but I don't listen, I am blinded by rage and I can feel Zander breaking through.

I walk into the living room and look around huffing, I spot a vase and I stomp towards it then throw it across the room hearing it shatter.
A few of the pack members that where in the living room scattered out of the room not wanting to be targeted or witness the destruction to come.

I flipped the couch up and smashed my hand down on the table. I swiped all the items of the dresser off and clawed at the walls. My rage was growing and I couldn't stop punching holes into the walls.

"Kayden!"

I look over with a glare and see my mothers face full of love and I can see she's scared.
I calm down a bit and she comes over and hugs me.

"Oh Kayden it'll be okay" her sweet voice soothes me but I can't help but feel like everything is going to go wrong.

"She's my.. my mate.." I croak out as we slid down the wall so we're on the floor huddled together.

"I know sweetie"

I cry into her neck and I just felt so hopeless, all the power just drained out of me.. what will I do if she dies.. why didn't I go sooner, I could have saved her from all this pain.

We stay like that for a while with my mother rubbing her hand through my hair and me acting like a cry baby..

I look up when I hear a doctor clear his throat.
"Alpha sorry to interrupt but I wanted to let you know that our Luna's condition at the moment is stable"

I sighed in relief as I felt a bit of hope.
"What are her injuries?"
I saw his face drop a bit.

"She has many injuries, she's malnourished and dehydrated which leads me to believe she was starved and very limited on her meals and water"
I let a loud growl out.
"She has many broken rib bones and her back leg is broken with a fracture on her front leg and another on her paw. We had to break a few bones that where healed improperly and she has many cut wounds that are infected. We have her on antibiotics and pain medication. Though it's not very strong medication since she's so weak it could kill her but she's very lucky to be alive her injuries show that this has been happening for a while and I don't know how old she is" he sighed then nodded which meant he was done speaking.

I turned around and punch the wall with all my strength then take a deep breath while turning to face the doctor.
"Ok" deep breath Kayden "when can I see her?" I get out as calmly as I could.

"You can see her now if you'd like, we washed her up while cleaning her injuries and had to shave a few very matted areas"
I noded then followed him to the room.

I cautiously but eagerly opened the door, I saw my beautiful mate just laying on the bed looking so peaceful then I saw the wrapped wounds and how skinny she was causing me to let out a low growl.
I walked towards her reaching out my hand to touch her fur but before I do I just leave it there a few inches above her coat. I was scared
that just the small pressure of my hand would break her delicate bones.
I sigh and take a seat beside her bed and just sit there with my head down defeated. I stared and her body and looked how all her bones stuck out. Her silver fur looked dull but still seemed to shine at the same time, I ever so lightly brush my fingers along her black ear then over her side feeling every one of her ribs underneath my finger tips.

I looked away and brought my hand back holding it tightly to my chest. I sighed then looked at my hand which moments ago grazed along her fur..

I felt my anger rise again as I clenched my hand into a fist, I took deep breaths but they where not helping.
I shut my eyes tight then stood up, I needed to get out of this room, my negative emotions definitely won't help her heal. I look at her and give a soft gentle kiss on the forehead.

"I'll be right back"

I walked out of the room and spot the doctor.
"When will she wake up?"

"It's very unclear alpha" he looks in my direction. "Anywhere from a few days to as long as a few months" he looks down.

All I do is nod then I walk down the hall, I had to go for a run.
I quickly walk out the door and towards the trees then I shift, I take little time to wait as I start running through the trees.

=====

Sorry for the long wait and the short chapter I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far

I usually go over my writing to check for mistakes or change it a bit, but I won't be doing that for the next few chapters as I just want to write but feel free to point out any mistakes ^^