𝟎𝟎𝟓. the axeman's letter

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑆𝑂𝑈𝐿 𝐿𝐼𝐾𝐸 𝑀𝐸   ▎
CHAPTER FIVE ─── the axeman's letter

             THERE WAS A huge street fair and festival being held in New Orleans, where people were walking around with drinks and slipping in and out of small shops that have been set up on the curbs

             THERE WAS A huge street fair and festival being held in New Orleans, where people were walking around with drinks and slipping in and out of small shops that have been set up on the curbs. Cami and Vincent were standing on the street together and talking while they watch all the people around them and sip their coffees.

''So, there is an active serial killer at large, and the city's response is to throw a serial-killer-themed festival?'' Cami questioned.

''Axeman's Jazz Fest is a big deal, Cami!'' Vincent laughed. ''Ain't nobody gonna sit that out because some active, second-tier serial killer is on the loose. And, as far as killers go, Axeman's the best this city's ever had.''

Cami gave Vincent a skeptical look as the two walk down the street together and continue their conversation. He scoffed at her ignorance of the Axeman's history and asked, ''What?'' He looked at the blonde for a second before he turned back to see where he was walking. ''The year was 1919, and after terrorizing the city for months with an actual ax, he writes a letter to the Times-Picayune. Claims he's a demon. He says he's gonna kill thousands the next night. Only way he wouldn't was if every house in the city threw a party and played jazz as loud as it could. Every single house in the city did. No one died! Haha! Now, some people think it was a vampire. He was actually a witch.'' Cami looked at Vincent in disbelief not believing that Axeman was a witch.

''How do you know he's a witch?''

Vincent let out a chuckle. ''Oh, he's a witch. The day he chose was Fête de Cadeau. That's the day that every witch gives a gift to the city in hopes that the city gives one back. Now, Axeman's 'idea' of gift was not murdering people for a day, and in return?'' Vincent gestured around all the people and stalls on the streets. ''Look! The city threw him the greatest party it has ever seen!''

Cami realized what this meant and stopped in her tracks, ''Wait. So, what you're saying is while frat boys celebrate an ax murderer, the witches are having their version of Christmas, which makes them all easy pickings for whoever our killer is.''

Vincent looked at her concerned before asking, ''You still think our playboy vampire is the best lead we got?''

''My gut's telling me he's involved somehow, which means if he kills again, it's my fault for convincing Klaus not to kill him.'' Cami stated, looking from Vincent to the people who were passing by until her eyes fell on a certain someone. ''So, I want to keep tabs on him.''