Chapter Two

"Don't go too far away, Lia." I said to Liliana. She nodded her head and went towards the playground to play with the other kids there.

She had the ability to charm people easily, so no worries that she'll be left out.

Seeing her run away excitedly, I smiled unconsciously. She's such a gem. If only her parents were alive. Liliana, daughter of Lucia Rossi and Mario De Luca who passed away in an unfortunate accident. Lucia was the last born of Papa and Mama.

I turned at my right and saw him looking so delighted. His smile was mesmerizing as always. Like always, he had fondness in his eyes and for me, for Lia.

Lia was the only one who kept the whole family sane after their only daughter and son in law passed away. She was just a year old back then. And now, I was their daughter.

I love him. A lot. I thought I would be over him if I don't spend time with him. If I constantly think about the heartbreak, I would be over him easily but no I still love him to bits.

But him........ He doesn't. He only thinks of me as someone who he saved. A kid who he saved and gave a family. I was just like his sister.

"Let's go sit there." He pointed at the bench at the left side of the park. I nodded.

We sat down. It was hard to control my beating heartbeat due to our closeness. It was really loud. I was afraid that he might hear it. His shoulder was touching mine.

"So, how have you been?" He asked.

"Good. You?" I asked trying to sound as normal as possible.

I would not have been in this problem if it weren't for Lorenzo. When Alessandro came, we all had breakfast and I was thankful that we didn't have time to interact much because we all had our attention on Lia.

But that dipsh*t Lorenzo had to open his mouth and suggest to Alessandro that he come with us, with me and Lia for our outing. As always, he agreed.

I was uncomfortable but was successful in hiding it. It was really weird being with the person who I had been ignoring for the past 3 years.

I was brought out of my thoughts when he scoffed. I looked at him questionably.

"Why are you doing this, cara ?" He asked irritated.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused. He surely didn't know about me trying to shut him out, right ?

"Don't act like you don't know, cara. You have been shutting me out for the past 3 years. What happened? You always made up excuses to avoid me. Don't think I don't know because I know. Just tell me what changed?" He asked frustrated.

I was taken aback. I thought I was great in pretending but no.

I sighed. " I wasn't. I was really busy. Please don't make a big deal out of it. I had assignments, college, and moreover I had to be there for my friend. You did tell me that I had to be with people my age, didn't you?" I lied.

He looked at me clearing not believing what I said but didn't say anything for which I'm thankful.

" Papa already told you about working with me, right?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"Yes. But I still don't know what was the emergency he was talking about." I said.

"Probably he'll tell tomorrow at the party." He shrugged his shoulders.

I nodded mind absently. I looked at him thinking why I fell for me.

He was one of the most eligible bachelors
in the country. From his sharp jawline to his height. From his dark grey eyes to his slightly sun kissed skin tone. He screamed perfection.

Who won't be attracted to him?

And his maturity, understanding, caring side...... who in her right mind won't like him?

He was scared by his employees because he was strict with them.

Not a playboy like most other rich handsome snobs.

He was the perfect man one could ask for.

At 30 he was a very successful businessman. Obviously, he was busy but still, he had time for family. He valued family a lot.

"So, I'm working with you." I said trying to avoid awkwardness that was starting to surround us.

"Hmmm. You are. We leave the day after tomorrow." He said. I nodded.

I couldn't say no to Papa and him. They would be asking me many questions for which I will never be able to answer. And even if I come clean, I may lose everyone.

It's better to be heartbroken but still have family instead of losing everyone. They are the only I have got anyway.

"It has been quite a while. It's better we get going. We have places to go to." He said looking at his wristwatch.

"Yeah."

"Carla, let's go to our cafe after this. I'm hungry." Lia suggested. I smiled at her.

Turning at Alessandro, I saw him looking at us with admiration. He had this pride in his eyes. Don't know why though.

I nudged my elbow on his asking what he was thinking about. He just smiled and shook his head.

"You guys don't want anything more?" He asked.

"Nope. I think we have had enough. Right, Lia?"

"Yes. We should do the rest next time. And I don't think I have enough spaces for my clothes." She sighed like an elder.

Me and Alessandro chuckled at her behavior.

"Let's go."

We came out of the mall and went to our car so we can go to the cafe. It was already 3p.m.

"Cara, should we go to the movies?" Alessandro asked.

"I don't have any problem. Let's ask her. It's her day." I smiled looking at Lia.

"Lia, should we go watch a movie?" Alessandro asked.

"Yea!" She screamed. I laughed while wincing slightly at her loud scream.

Alessandro laughed at us. I looked at him. He was very mesmerizing and hot with that hearty laugh.

He was driving while I was sitting at the front sit next to him with Lia on my lap.

If someone were to see us, they would think that we're a family. A very happy couple with a kid.

I had only one thought in my mind as we drove off for the movie

Could we would have been a couple if I had fought for him?

〽〽〽⚜⚜⚜〽〽〽⚜⚜⚜〽〽〽

The romance part that we all love is not so long after this...

Published on 13th Jan, 2021

NOT EDITED.