Chapter Six

I walked out of my room. It was almost 8am and we had to reach office by 9 am. I decided to make breakfast.

Checking the kitchen, I found out that everything was there. The fridge, cabinets were stocked up with whatever one would need in a kitchen.

Before he comes out, I made breakfast as fast as I could.

I was placing the fruits on the dining table when he came to the kitchen.

"Good morning." I smiled at him and quickly averted my eyes. I knew that I would have gotten lost into him again. I could not risk falling for him hard. More than ever.

"Good morning, Cara. Let me help me." He said and helped bringing the plates containing waffles and pancakes.

After putting all the food items, we sat down opposite to each other. He looked over the food. I suddenly got nervous. Don't know why. It was the first time he was eating what I had made. He even taught me how to cook a lot of Italian dishes.

He smiled and looked at me. "Something is missing?" He said. More like questioned.

I was clueless. The breakfast consisted of pancakes, waffles, avocado toasts with fruits, some fruits and orange juice. What was missing?

"Huh?" I asked confused.

He smiled and said, "Humanity runs on coffee." We laughed at that.

"You are going to drink it in office again, right?" I asked whilst smiling.

He nodded. "Why are you asking?"

"Sorry to inform you but please don't drink it too much. You probably drink six cups in a day. It's bad, so?" I suggested. Some coffee addicted people may say I'm minding other people's business but what I'm doing is not wrong. Coffee is really bad for health.

He laughed. "If you say so li mio amore. "

After that, we had breakfast where he complimented me after tasting each items. We had light conversation during it.

〽〽〽〽〽⚜⚜⚜〽〽〽〽〽

"All the best on your first day on work." He wished me. I thanked him.

We were inside his car. It was currently 8:56am and we were at the underground parking.

Walking into the elevator, he clicked on the 23th floor. I am glad we directly went to his office without gaining much attention from the employees there.

I was to work with him as his personal assistant for some time. Actually, I was to be a General Manager but thought I had no work experience, so it was better if I got some experience even if the works done by an assistant is completely different from those of a general manager. Moreover, his previous personal assistant had quitted.

He thought it would be better if I first adjust myself with the new surrounding. It would be much easier if I was with someone I was comfortable with.

I checked myself once again. I straightened my pencil skirt and adjusted my grey top. I love grey.

He just stood by me. "Relax, okay?"

I breathed deeply and nodded. I must control my emotions.

Only when he hold my hands into his big warm ones tightly, I realized I was shaking. I was nervous.

He rubbed my shoulders calming me.
"Cara look at me." I looked into his eyes. They were starring at me with affection, encouragement, admiration and...... love? No, it's impossible. It was just my imagination. Even if it was, it should not be. It's wrong.

"You're gonna be alright. You are no more that Scarlett. You are the new Scarlett Martin. You, Cara you are li mio orgoglio. You are strong. You have been strong. You are and will be always. It's just a new environment. We overcame back then at your college, huh? We will be doing that here too." He said and hugged me.

I was speechless. I always needed him. He was a huge pillar in my life. I could have even been death if it weren't for him.

I nodded. Slowly, I calmed down. I looked up at him, still in his hold. He,too, looked at me and said, "Remember, Cara. Even if you are scared, you have me. I'm always with you. I'll never let anything bad happen to you. You have me always so don't be scared of anything, huh?"

I wanted to scream that he was just making it harder for me to detach myself from him if he kept on acting like that. Why did he have to be like this? Why did he have to be this good? Why couldn't I live without him? Why did I love him?
Why did it have to be this hard?

"I...... Thank you, Alessandro. I.....I still can't face it bravely." I laughed humourlessly. I hated that I had to be this weak. I hated that I couldn't even face crowds without him by my side. I hated that I suffered all those years in that hellhole . I hated that I couldn't even confess my love for him.

I just hated it.

He hold my chin and said sternly, "No, you aren't weak. You are the strongest. Not everyone can go through what you have. It's just for some time. You'll pass this stage too and you know, at last, you'll be the person you always wanted to be. You are strong to me, Cara. You went through a lot, so it's just normal. It'll pass soon. You believed me at that time. This time, too, believe me."

How long? I wanted to ask. How long do I have to struggle with it?

I got free from his hold after I had calmed down. Just then, I realized that we already reached his floor and the elevator was opened.

I breathed deeply. He held my right hand in his big, warm hand and we walked out.

There weren't much people on this floor.

"Why aren't there many people? Last time, I was here, there used to be people rushing around working busily." I asked.

He smiled at me and I felt my heart swelled. "It was back then. I already made some changes in the company when you were studying. I knew that you would be working here and would first find a little difficult with many people around you."

I was speechless. I knew that he would do anything for my safety but I did not know he would do this much. As much as changing the working styles. And here, we're talking about Alessandro who most of the time sticked to rules.

We got to his office and there he explained my work and showed me around. He showed me around the whole floor. There were only four people other than us working there.

Mrs Johnson who was the foreperson. Mr Luke Smith, the Chief Marketing Officer. Miss Jenna Martins who is the Operations Manager and Mr Jason Carter, Alessandro's secretary.

They were all friendly. I was relieved that I didn't have to meet a lot of people at once.

The day went through really well. I organised Alessandro's schedule for the week and reviewed the contracts if there were any mistakes and took those that needed his signature to him. For lunch, we went out to a nearby restaurant.

In short, the day passed well. I hope that the coming days will happen like this.

And I never thought my life will become more complicated than it already was.

Not Edited.
Published on 11th Feb, 2021

Time to unfold Scarlett's past little by little and also time to witness their romance.