Chapter Nine

Alessandro's POV

"Adrian Palvis is coming today, right?" I asked her.

"Yes, he is coming at 11pm with his wife." She said. I nodded.

He was not only a business partner but also my classmate from college. He was a good person.

Recently, he got married to Ember Knight, the British heiress, whom he claims to be the love of his life. I had done some business deals with her company but never really had met her. She was working in his company while disguising and so, her brother was the one managing the company.

I first met her on their wedding. She was friendly and down to earth. She didn't seem to a very patient person but still tamed the infamous beast in Adrian.
Guessed anything is possible if it's in your fate.

"Alessandro?" Scarlett said in a timid voice.

I stopped walking and looked down at her. She seemed nervous.

"Yes?" Her aquamarine colored eyes looked into my own. I could detect her nervousness.

"I..... I want to say something." I raised my eyebrow.

"Then?"

"Not here." She said and looked towards my office.

I nodded and we walked towards my office. Once inside, she closed the door.
I walked towards the couch and sat down. She followed and sat in front of me. The glass table between us.

She looked down on her lap where her shaking hands were. She was very nervous.

"So?"

She looked up and cleared her throat.
"I... I wanted to say this before but couldn't. I.... I want to move out."

Scarlett's POV

I breathed out all in once and looked down immediately. I couldn't see the emotions on his face. It would make me weak again.

I know that I should have said this somewhere else not in the office but I could not muster up my courage. I knew that I should do it this moment. I could not delay any longer. I should stay focused on my mission to find him a potential wife. Though it broke my heart, I should do it. Even if I lose myself in the process, it's my time to repay him. Repay his family. Repay his love.

The office was pin drop silent. It was starting to freak me out.

"No."

I looked up in shock. It was not that I expected him to allow me but I, at least, thought that he would listen to my reasonings.

His face was stoic. No emotions displayed like he was in business mode. His jaw was clenched. I was dumbfounded. I didn't know what to do.

"But-"

"No buts. You are not moving out and it's not up for any discussions. I told you before that I let you be for the past 3 years but not now." He said with determination.

I sighed.

"Tell me, cara,  don't you feel it too? You should not deny it anymore. I know that you know what's been happening but you are acting ignorant." He said. His eyes held love.

I closed my eyes. Tears were threatening to fall off. I could not allow it.

I opened my eyes and said in a meek voice, "Okay, I should get going. Work is gonna be hectic today."

I left his room in a hurry without looking at him properly. Good thing that he did not stop me.

I would have lost control if he has continued with that matter.