Chapter Thirteen

Alessandro's POV

Her mood hadn't been good since yesterday. It was as if our roles had been reversed. Her trying to ignore me and me trying to engage her into matters that included me.

But I think I should first try to cheer her up and I know just what she needs.

Taking out my phone, I called the person who was basically going to play cupid to us.

  ____________________

I saw Scarlett trying to place the a container into the cupboard but was struggling due to her height.

I smiled and walked up to her silently.
Trapping her between me and the cabinet, I leaned onto her sensually. I felt her breath hitched. She breathed heavily.

I smirked knowing my effect on her. Holding her hips by my left hand, my right habdPin copied text snippets to stop them expiring after 1 hand reached out to collect her hairs from her back and put them on her right side. My hand didn't stop but continued to run on her hand, taking the container from her hand.

I nuzzled into her left side of her neck while my left hand was holding her in place and my right hand putting the container inside the cabinet.

"Wh-what are yo-u d-doing, Alessandro?"
She stuttered only to have me tightening my hold.

"Me? I am trying to seduce you, tesoro."
I turned her to me. Satisfaction hit me seeing her beet root red cheeks.

"Ti amo, la mia vita." I muttered look into her eyes. "I love you, my life. Please Cara.  I know you love me too. Your eyes never lie." I begged. Her eyes watered but she kept quiet.

I pecked her cheeks and pulled back with a heavy heart.

"Ember is coming to meet you. Spend time with her. Don't stress. I am going to attend a meeting today though it's Sunday." She nodded and I pecked her lips.

I walked out of the kitchen and went to the underground parking so I can go.

Scarlett's POV

Ember was with me. We both were watching some netflix show when she suddenly asked," Carla?"

I turned my attention to her." Yeah?"
She looked at me. Her expression held questions. Questions for me.

"I know it has not been long since we've been friends but I want you to know that I'm here for you whenever you need a friend.

And I know that you never really had any friends. It's ironic how I am always reluctant to let any person in most of the time but you..... I see myself in you, Carla." That had my attention.

"You see yourself in me?" I was quite shocked. She nodded, her eyes glossy.

"You know, I belong to a family of four- my dad, mom and my brother. We are of the prestigious families in England. My dad, a famous businessman with high education and my mom, a professor. They always thought that they were bringing me up the best way.

When I was 13, I went into depression. I had some problems with my friends and my parents were pressuring me for good grades. They always wanted me to be in the top 3 in our grade. I was a teen and didn't know how to cope up.