Epilogue

I could not tell you if it were easier after saying goodbye to Giovanni or if life had become more bearable. I wished desperately that his very image would disappear from my memory almost as quickly as it had arrived, but that would be a lie I was not ready to speak.

Malcolm had tried for weeks after to remind me when we had been together how much better it was with him. No secrets, no lies, no hidden children or even a mother that he had been too shy for me to meet. He was amazing and yet he was everything I could not love because leaving Gio had taught me a valuable lesson.

I did not need to love another when it was at the expense of my own; it was time to love myself more for the first time in my life.

Some would call may label me a hypocrite because I had only come to this conclusion when I had realised that I was wrong for sending Giovanni away. We could have worked on our differences, healed the wounds in our relationship and even learned to co-parent with Miss Sage. It would not have been perfect, but we would have been together. If he were willing to do just that then we would be able to come out of this stronger than ever.

When I had built up the courage to call him it had nearly destroyed my heart all over again to learn that my number had been blocked. The next day the news had come of an engagement. She was to be his wife, to be Mrs. Amelio.

Kendall had been by my side almost instantly. She held me as a wept of a life that could have been and dried my tears after I had found that it was not meant for us.

We were not meant for each other.

As if that could not be worst I had received a hand written invitation to the nuptials which I had politely declined by destroying the sheet of pale blue paper.

=-

Giovanni's POV

In a matter of weeks I was to wed the mother of my child. She was everything that my mother had wanted for me, but yet those green eyes haunted my dreamless nights.

Aurora was perfect.

I should have never left her to walk away from me when we had last seen each other. Leaving me unable to smell the scent of coffee beans without feeling nauseas and cold.

Malcom could not stop gloating whenever I had seen him at dinners with my Mother. He loved seeing me miserable and hung-up on a woman that was now his.

So when the gloating had stopped only to be replaced with a scowl I had thought that there was still hope. Why else would my love have ended things when they were going so well with my cousin.

Those hopes were destroyed when I had discovered that I was unable to call her. She had change her number and worst even Kendall refused me when I had tried to see her. There was no way of contacting her; Aurora had even taken leave from work which left me with another dead end.

It was maddening, but reminded me of the responsibility I know had.

To be the best father to my daughter, she was my world now and I would not disappoint her. The easiest solution had been to marry Melissa.

I had wanted to tell Aurora myself.

Except I had chickened out last minute and told a member of the garden staff to hand deliver an invitation to her. If she had moved on then there was no need to have bad blood. Yet, there had been no RSVP to her name.

On my desk stood the family heirloom that I had been given by my grandmother for my future wife. It was not the same engagement ring that Melissa now sported. The emeralds reminded me too keenly of the eyes of my lost love.

I aggressively closed the box and stood from my leather chair.

Aurora had chosen this. I would not try to sway her otherwise.

=-=-

That's it folks!

Thank you for those that have stuck with me for the years that this has taken for me to write.

I will be rewriting this entire book to upload this year, as well as finishing the second installment which I have removed. The Spanish Businessman. The first chapter of the new version will be released on Friday next week. SO PLEASE, PLEASE keep an eye out.

Please leave a like and a comment if this was the ending you hoped for or even if it was not. That would be appreciated, x

Sincerely,

Aimee x