26) Fireplace.

I was a nervous wreck the next morning as Kendall helped me pick something to wear for my first day. The new school that I would be teaching at was far stricter than my last one had been which meant a more formal dress code. Thus leaving me with a fashion nightmare on my hands.

"Why are you so gorgeous?" My best friend moaned as she flopped onto my bed.

I had been checking myself out in my mirror when she had made the comment that caused me to turn around and look at her. "Well I was hoping to have this conversation with you at a later stage." I said dramatically as I laid down next to her, not caring if I wrinkled the silk dress that I had pulled on. "When a male and a female have sex-"

"Shut up!" Kendall laughed before she hit me across the face with one of five pillows that I slept with.

I joined in with her laughter as I saw the bright red blush that tinted her cheeks, she was far too easy to mess with. "Well you asked for it." I shrugged.

"No I didn't you fool. I asked how you were so pretty not how you ended up next to me."

"Tomato, tomato." I said before getting up from the mattress to look at the other options that Kendall had placed on hangers near my vanity.

I heard her curse under her breath before she too got up to come and sort through the items of clothing to help me choose an appropriate outfit. "How about this one?" She questioned as she held up a black slacks with a pretty dusty pink blouse.

"Simple, but perfect." She remarked further and helped me unzip the back of the dress that I had on. It felt weird getting dressed up this formally when I had been living in sweats and old tees for the past few months. Despite this feeling I knew that it was a great fresh start in comparison to when I had been moping about.

The blouse had a silky texture that felt amazing on my skin which was another bonus as was the look of it. Comfort was always important even if I would be dressing in a way that I was not used to. "Aye look, it matches your flowers." My best friend remarked as I turned to face her.

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah it does, but I love it." I said and dismissed the likeness it had to Giovanni's present.

"Have you decided if you would like to meet up with him to bury the hatchet?" Kendall asked as she played around with her hair.

"To be quite honest with you Kenny, I thought about it and I think it would be for the best if I did one last time. Just so that we can both move on for good." I confessed to my bestfriend. It had become too easy to pretend as if I had no feeling when it came to him, but I knew it was better to confront him sooner as opposed to later. Before I perused anything with Malcolm or anybody else for that matter.

"You really are way stronger than I could ever be." Kendall praised me as she picked a purse for me to use. "I know that if I were in your shoes he would not have been able to raise a baby with the way I would have kicked his ass, that's for damn sure."

"You are one bad bitch." I cackled aloud as I placed my items in the Chanel bag she had chosen for me. "Okay, now how do I look?"

She fluffed my hair out before wiping away a possible smudge from my mascara beneath my eye. "There, you look gorgeous!" Kendall complimented me.

I was as nervous as a kid on the first day of high school at a brand new school, in a new town and with a small population. My new place of work was far more uppity (which was a nice way of saying snobby) and taught children that came from more affluent parents similar to my own. Which meant that not only would people know who I was, but they would also know all of my business that was currently circulating in the tabloids. This mere fact made me extremely scared to step on any toes.