22) Sustenance.

Hey all you lovely readers :) 

I legit thought that I had lost this chapter when I went to check on it yesterday, but I must thank whoever is looking out for me because I simply saved it in a different folder. I pray that this update finds you and your loved ones in not only good health, but safely too.

I appreciate each and every one of ya'll for still sticking with me throughout the years. My mental health has not been the best, but I am working hard every day and I am definitely further than I was when I started writing this book.

N/B: Also I did an announcement, which nobody responded to (awks), I just wanted to find out which day besides Fridays I should update? As some weeks I write quicker than others and this week was one of those weeks so yeah. I can't promise two updates every single week, but the weeks where I can I will be updating twice. This is because I recently got my laptop fixed that I originally started writing on so there are so many gems (at least fifteen new story ideas).

Please comment and leave a like if you enjoyed reading.

Lots of love and positivity to you all,

- Aimee x

-0-00-0-00-0-00-0-00-0-

I wish that I could say that I woke up the next day in the greatest of spirits; with birds chirping to the tune of the latest pop song, but that would be a lie. Instead I spent the next week in a state of sadness and downward spiraling until on the seventh day of my depression I awoke with a fresh new outlook on life. It was time to get my things together and in order before I was left with no puzzle pieces left to pick up.

First things first though, coffee.

I felt as though Kendall had purposefully kept her distance from me so that I could focus more on myself than tagging along with her on her expeditions to distract myself. I was also fairy certain that she had somebody on the side that she was either not sure of yet or not wanting to introduce him to me for some strange reason. As I dwelled on these bits of information I had made myself something to drink and fixed up a plate of granola with strawberry yogurt. My absolute favourite breakfast meal to date.

"Good morning Rora." The centre of my current thoughts greeted me as she arrived home from a night out.

I raised a brow at her disheveled appearance, "Looks as though you had a really good night."

She smirked at me as she pulled her hair from the bun that it had been in atop her head which hid the bruises that I could see along the contours of her neck. "Wouldn't you like to know." She winked at me.

"Well it does look like you spent the night with a leech of some sort so yes, I would love to know." Instead of receiving a verbal response I was rewarded with the flip of her middle finger which caused a loud cackle to escape my lips. "So who's the luck guy or girl?"

Kendall took a sip from the orange juice she had poured moments before and shrugged her shoulders. "I didn't really catch her name." She responded.

Now it was my turn to flip her off, "Yeah right. I know you have been seeing someone on the side."

"Where did you get that impression from?"

"Best friends just know these things."

Kendall shook her head and turned on her heels to head to her room, "I'll let you meet them soon enough." She said as she threw a peace sign up and over her shoulder.

I just shook my head and chuckled as I finished my breakfast.

=-=-=-=-=-

A few hours had passed, with no sign of Kendall, but I had successfully applied to a number of new teaching jobs at local schools. All I could do now was hope and pray that at least one of these institutions would take pity on me.