7) Chanel.

So there’s no Giovanni action in this chapter, but you do get a glimpse of the infamous Ms. Sage. I hope you all enjoy it.

Please vote, if you liked it. Comment your feelings, fan if you feel like it and share to help this book grow?

Thank you everybody,

- Aimee x.

---

As soon as we enter the ballroom, I immediately grab a glass overflowing with red wine, from one of the tables holding beverages. One massive gulp later and I can feel some of the tension leave my body-replaced by a more calm haze. Kendall raises an eyebrow at me and chuckles softly.

“Give me some of that.” She demands, taking the now half full glass of alcohol. Her mouthful is visibly smaller and barely makes a dent in the burgundy liquid.  Her face scrunches up in distaste, “Why the hell do you drink that shit?” The brunette scowls at me and sticks her tongue out, almost trying to get rid of the bitter after taste.

Kendall always complains about the ‘god-awful’ tang that wine gives her palette. Yet she has been drinking straight up shots of pure vodka, since she was sixteen. I smirk at her and shake my head, “You say that every time you drink it.”

The ballroom is completely packed with men and woman , all dressed up for the prestige event. As Kendall and I make our way to the front to locate our seats, I spot Father. “Could you look for the table, while I say hello to Dad?” 

My best friend smiles at me and nods her head, before whispering softly in my ear, “Yeah, don’t be too long. I don’t feel for snide comments today.” I hug her, knowing that this is the last place she wants to be. Especially since tonight was supposed to be date night for her and Henry. The two have become inseparable since they made their relationship public, much to Kendall’s liking. Now all she needs to do is introduce him to her family, which I bet will be smooth sailing due to her parents both being fairly down to Earth and extremely excepting whenever and wherever Kendall’s happiness is involved.

 Since it is the fourth year that the gala is taking place, it has become an enormously well known social event. So it doesn’t surprise me when I find Father surrounded by a handful of middle aged men in different coloured tailored suits.  

Immediately after saying his final remarks to a gentleman in an all black tux, he looks over to where I stand-next to him. He pulls me into a light hug and as usual introduces me to the men now looking quizzically at him and me. I shake hands with each of them after learning their names and what type of business they are into.

“You must be a model or socialite, with your absolute beauty.” A man that I had early been introduced to as Damon Knight, which is actually a fairly common name when dealing with guys that work for or with Father.