5) Dismissal.

Completely unedited …

--

“Miss Richmond, it’s a pleasure to see you again.” The friendly old man says, a smile on his cracked lips.

A blush makes its way to the apples of my cheeks, “You too Alexander.” Giovanni’s driver sends me one last glance, before averting his eyes back to the road.

After Giovanni had explained himself, I agreed on going out with him. Nothing too fancy I hope, because I am only wearing a knee length pale pink summer dress and black heeled pumps, as well as a clutch holding my cellphone, a credit card and simple tube of lip gloss. Casual, but still elegant. Whereas Giovanni looks relaxed, while still managing to keep up the whole sexy Italian look he has going on. My hands unconsciously run over the fabric of my dress, however Giovanni catches me doing it.

“Amore mio, there is no need to worry. Sei bellisima.” The dimples in his cheeks become visible, as  he grins at me. His right arm wraps around my body and brings me closer to him.

His words leave me at a complete loss. No one has ever told me in the way that he had, that I look beautiful before and left me speechless. I have been called it over and over again, but when Giovanni says it. It sounds real, genuine and like he has taken the time to look at me.

                                        “Why do you look like that?” Giovanni’s voice, brings me back to the present. My cheeks turn pink, “Is there something on my face?” I wipe my forehead, self consciously. He chuckles, taking my hands in his own large tanned ones. I stare at him- with eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“You look like you need to, you know,” He tilts his head to the side, almost motioning to something. My mind draws a blank to his statement. My lips pout as he runs the back of his hand along the side of my face and traces the apple of my cheek.  This is exactly what I meant when thinking about how he takes his like to study me.

“Like you need to shit.” I burst out laughing at his blunt reply. Not the normal girly giggles one does when around a potential boyfriend. But a knee slapping, cackle. That soon has Giovanni looking at me with his eyebrow in the air, raised in confusion.

I gasp for a breath, something to soothe my burning lungs. I break out into a coughing fit, as the cool air rushes down my esophagus.

                                                 “Amore mio, are you okay?” His hand rubs circles on my back, as I come down from my high. I nod my head, one too many times and feel slightly dizzy after. “I’ll be alright, as soon as everything stops spinning and you grow only one head.” I stare at both of the Giovanni’s in front of me, as an identical frown makes its way to their foreheads.

“I’m okay.” I declare after a few seconds of Giovanni’s hand rubbing my back and deep calming breaths. I manage to catch Alexander’s eyes in rearview mirror, not missing the twinkle of amusement in them.