Chapter 7 - and baby, when I close my eyes I'm thinking about you

I don't wanna look at anything else
now that I saw you.
I don't wanna think of anything else
now that I thought of you.
I've been sleeping so long
in a twenty-year dark night.
And now I see daylight,
I only see daylight.

•••

 The first thing Camila feels is his hand on top of her stomach, his fingers gently caressing her now slightly noticeable baby bump as he places a few kisses on her shoulder. Her eyes flutter open, trying to adjust to the morning light coming through the window of the room she is now sharing with Shawn. After maybe a week of their beach date, she told him she wanted to go back to sleep in their room with him. He was more than happy to hear the news and helped her move her things back to the main bedroom.

 “ Good morning, honey.” Camila gets chills down her body when she hears his morning husky voice against her ear. It had yet to fail on making her body react like that every time he would whisper with that voice.

 “ Morning.” She whispers back, yawning as she turns on her back to look at him. Shawn keeps his hand over her belly, smiling at the sight because she’s finally starting to show at this point. 

 They had finally facetimed Shawn’s parents the night before to tell them about the pregnancy and it was the first time Camila was talking to them since she woke up from the coma. She was nervous at first, but they were the sweetest to her and so happy about the news. Shawn had prepared them beforehand so they wouldn’t throw too many questions at her and overwhelm her, which they seemed to follow with perfection. They didn’t ask about the fact that Shawn and Camila were together even with her loss of memory, but Shawn had already mentioned it to them and they were surprised to say the least. No one really expected for things to go back to normal between the two of them until she was able to get her memories back, but life works in mysterious ways sometimes.

 Shawn looks into her eyes as his hand lifts her shirt up just slightly, placing a kiss on her stomach before doing the same with her cheeks and lips. Camila giggles when he starts kissing her jawline and neck, his stubble tickling her skin. She reaches his hair with her hand and runs her fingers through his curls, thinking he needs a haircut, but not telling him because she kinda likes this look on him.

 Since their “first” kiss at the beach, Camila started finding it hard to stay away from him or keep her hands to herself. Her thoughts always migrate to him when he’s not there next to her and it’s almost annoying how much she thinks about him. That of course resulted in an over the top amount of make outs that would always leave her wanting more. No matter where it took place, the beach, the balcony, the couch, the bed or even the kitchen counter, she would always blame the pregnancy hormones for leaving her body on fire and making her more than willing to take things further. But then her mind would stop her, reminding her she was still not ready to take that step.

 That is exactly what happens as Shawn keeps kissing a sensitive spot on her neck, making her breath shallow as she tries not to think that all she wants is to rip all his clothes off. He hadn’t once pressured her to do more than their usual making out, but she knew he would be more than willing if she said the words.

 “ Shawn.” She chokes out, trying to ignore what he’s doing to her body by simply having his lips on her skin. “ I have yoga class in twenty minutes.”

 He chuckles and lifts his head from her neck, finding amusing the way she has a hard time resisting him, then kisses her lips before getting up and walking to the kitchen to make them breakfast. Camila lays there, catching her breath for a few minutes before getting up and changing her clothes. She hasn't been feeling those annoying morning sickness as much now, and is feeling pretty confident that they might be fully gone by next week.

 After their morning meal, Shawn drives her to prenatal yoga and buys some groceries while he waits for her class to be over. Instead of coming back home, they drive around town and buy some other things the house is in need of before having lunch in a cute vintage diner. Camila has been eating a lot more and Shawn doesn’t even complain when she steals some of his fries, finding it amusing and cute how she asked if she could take one and ended up eating the whole thing. They take a walk by the pier afterwards, enjoying their time together since Shawn doesn't usually work on mondays.

 By the time they get home, Camila is exhausted and passes out on the couch cuddled up to him almost immediately. Shawn is watching a documentary on Netflix when he hears Camila mumbling something in her sleep. She has her head on his chest as his arms are around her when he identifies she’s whispering his name in her sleep. He thinks it might be a bad dream like the ones she was having a few weeks back, but it suddenly becomes clear to him she’s not just whispering, she's almost moaning his name. He tries not to let it get to his head too much, but when a throaty sexy moan leaves her lips, he can’t help but smirk at what he’s witnessing.

 It doesn’t last long though, and a minute later Camila wakes up with her breath kind of heavy, looking up at him like she’s wondering if he’s able to tell what she just dreamt about. His eyes can’t hide anything from her and she feels her cheeks turning red at his knowledge of the obvious wet dream she just had about him. Those have been very frequent lately and she was on the verge of going insane from how frustrated she would get when she woke up from them. She shouldn’t be feeling guilty or embarrassed for having such thoughts of her own husband, but who knew this pregnancy would make her want to attack his body every minute of the day?

 “ Was that a bad dream?” Shawn asks, running his hand up and down one of her thighs. She knows he’s doing it on purpose. He’s messing with her, but she’s not sure she’ll be able to play along this time.

 “ No, it was actually a really good dream.” She whispers, looking up at him before sitting up on the couch. Camila decides it’s time to be a little brave and straddles Shawn’s lap, pulling him in for a lingering kiss. “ About you.”

 “ Really? What was I doing in this dream?” Shawn asks, smiling against her lips as his hands find her hips.

 Camila knows what kind of answer she wants to give to this question, but she shuts herself up before she regrets it. Her lips capture his as their hands wander everywhere, their afternoon ending like almost all of their days lately have: with an horizontal make out session on the couch. The friction between their bodies result in a variety of sound from both of their lips, making Camila finally answer his question.

 “ You were making me feel really good.” Her words slip out in the heat of the moment and before she can process, Shawn turns them on the couch. Her back is now resting against the soft pillows as one of his hands explores her body over the layers of clothing. She’s melting underneath him in a few seconds, thinking she might not be able to resist if he keeps doing the things he does to her. 

 First he stole her heart in such a swift move, she had no other option other than giving it to him. Now, he was claiming her body in such a way she had never experienced before. Maybe she did experience that with him before, but she obviously wouldn’t have any recollection of that. All she could think about was that he clearly knew what he was doing. She could tell he knew how to leave her wanting more, he knew her body like the back of his hand, just like he knew her heart. But there was still some hesitation in her mind and he respected that, even though he could tell she was about to break really soon.

________________
________________

A/N: leave me a comment, please? 🙃