Chapter 8 - what if I never started singing

Someday,
someone will walk into your life
and make you realise why
it never worked out
with anyone else.

•••

 The way his fingers move over the strings of his guitar while his voice fills the room with the most beautiful lyrics makes her feel like there’s no one else in the room besides the two of them. Shawn looks up at her in the crowd, sitting down at a table close to the small stage with a glass of yellow liquid in her hands, and she feels her heart skipping a beat. His hazel colored eyes are so intense as he means every word from the beautiful and heartbreaking song he’s singing. How could she have ever thought it was possible not to fall in love with this man?

 After singing his heart out in a few more songs, Shawn ends his set and walks down the stage to meet her. He greets her with a breathtaking kiss that makes some people nearby clap, figuring she was the girl he was singing about a few seconds ago. Some of them even congratulate them when they notice her baby bump, which she made sure to show off by wearing a tight mini dress.

 “ What is that?” Shawn asks, looking with concern at her glass with a small pink umbrella on it.

 “ Brian got me some pineapple juice.” Camila says excitedly, pointing at their friend behind the bar. The red hair had gone out of his way to make her something without alcohol without her even asking.

 Shawn had asked her the other day if she wanted to watch him play at the bar Brian works and of course she agreed right away. They decided to turn it into a date night, so after Camila finished the juice, they were on their way out to what he had planned. She had no idea where they were going, but she had found out by this point that Shawn was really good at planning surprise dates.

 They walked hand in hand to his car, his guitar case being placed on the back seat before Shawn reached to open the passenger seat for her. Before getting in, Camila pulls him down for a long kiss, feeling herself melt into him as his arms go to her hips and he backs her against the side of the car. She feels like a teenager all over again making out in a parking lot, but this time her husband is the one feeling up her ass instead of some douchebag from the football team. In his defence she was the one who placed his hand there.

 “ Stop tempting me, Mila.” Shawn chuckles when he pulls away from her. “ We still have a date to go to.” Camila sighs and bits her bottom lip, feeling herself blush for attacking him there in the parking lot of the bar, but her mind has been running wild since he left the house in those tight black jeans and t-shirt. Damn it, these hormones keeping her from thinking straight! Shawn leans in again and pecks her lips before whispering in her ear. “ Save that for later, will you?”

 Camila blushes even harder before nodding her head and finally getting into the car, trying to catch her breath and make her mind think of anything that didn’t include what could happen later when they got home. They were yet to go any further than some pretty heated make out sessions, but her body was screaming at her to just give in and she was sure she would very soon.

 The second they arrive at their destination, Camila squeals in excitement. He helps her out of the car and they walk hand in hand, her eyes taking in all the lights coming from everywhere and landing on the ferris wheel. Shawn had brought her to a carnival and she had the most fun eating popcorn and cotton candy, and then watching him win her a stuffed unicorn. They leave the ferris wheel for last and when they’re sitting up there, watching the stars above them as she lays her head on his shoulder, she starts wondering if it would ever make a difference getting her memories back.

 “ What if I never remember?” Camila whispers, looking up at him as he holds her hand.

 “ Then I’ll have to accept that.” Shawn says, placing a kiss on top of her head. “ To be honest that wouldn’t be such a hard situation, at least not for me. You seem to be settling back into the life we already had and I’m lucky enough that you’re allowing me to love you like this. At this point it would affect you a lot more. Do you want to get them back or are you scared of that possibility?”

 “ Both I guess.” She whispers, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. Her eyes are still closed when she feels his lips on her, giving her a reassuring kiss.

 “ There’s a reason I brought you here tonight.” Shawn says when they pull away. “ We had our third date in a carnival like this and I asked you to be my girlfriend right here, on the top of the ferris wheel.”

 “ How are you so perfect?” She asks with giggle before capturing his lips with hers once again.

 “ I try.” Shawn shrugs, making her laugh.

 “ You definitely succeed.” Her cheeks hurt at this point from how much smiling she’s been doing throughout the night. “ How did you propose?” She asks curiously.

 “ That’s kind of a funny story.” Shawn laughs. “ You accidently proposed to me in bed one night.”

 “ What?” She asks in shock, laughing along with him. “ Really?”

 “ Yeah. But what you didn’t know was that I was already planning on proposing too and had even bought a ring. I ended up giving you the ring right there and asking you to marry me after your accidental proposal.” He has the biggest smile while revealing that information to her.

 Shawn shares other special memories with her as they walk down the beach, finishing their date with more kisses, laughs and even some tears from Camila because of how easily she had been getting emotional lately. The end of the evening doesn’t end as she wanted to though because she starts feeling the most annoying cramps when they get home. Instead of their usual make outs, Camila is thankful to get cuddles and sweet kisses to ease the pain. The way Shawn treats her so well and is always so helpful throughout her pregnancy leaves her with no doubt about the amazing dad he will be.