Chapter 11 - it all comes back to you

You could break my heart in two
But when it heals, it beats for you
I know it's forward but it's true
Won't lie, I'd go back to you
You know, my thoughts are running loose
It's just a thing you make me do
And I could fight, but what's the use
I know I'd go back to you

•••

 The mixture of colors on the canvas in front of Camila forms a perfect picture of a naked pregnant woman, exactly what she saw everyday in the mirror. She started to love the way her body looked and even though she had no intention on painting this when she sat down at the balcony with her paints and brushes, the image just involuntarily made its way to her mind.

 “ Damn, baby! That looks so good.” She immediately turns around at the sound of Shawn’s voice, finding him by the balcony door, watching her work.

 “ You think so?” She asks excitedly, proud of the result.

 “ Almost as hot as the real thing.” He says in a playful tone of voice, making her laugh as her cheeks turn red. “ Is this one going to the gallery too?”

 “ I don’t know.” She says with hesitation. She had already picked all the paintings that would be part of her exhibit at the gallery next week, but this one was just too good to be left behind. “ What do you think?”

 “ I think this is probably one of my favorite things you’ve ever done, and you know how much I hate picking favorites.” He says, walking up behind her and wrapping his arms around her body. “ I think it fits the theme perfectly.”

 Camila agrees with him and decides she can’t leave this one behind. Shawn is right, it fits the theme she chose for the exhibition. All the paintings she’ll be showing to the public are related to how she sees the world after her loss of memory, so it’s filled with portraits of Shawn, the house and Tarzan, besides lots of things related to her pregnancy. She can’t wait for people to see what she’s been working on.

 “ I could use a break.” She says, resting her back against Shawn’s chest and tilting her head up so he can kiss her lips. 

 In a few minutes they find themselves naked and sweaty on the couch as loud moans and screams of each other’s names fill the house. Later she interrupts Shawn when he’s cooking them dinner and they end up on the same path as she’s on top of the kitchen counter and then again in bed before sleeping. Camila pants and smiles as she lays next to Shawn in bed, his eyes closed as she seems to have worn him out.

 “ Are you okay?” She asks with a giggle, turning her body so she can look at him. She rests her head on his chest and runs her hand over his abs as he opens his eyes.

 “ Don’t even think about it.” He says, holding her hand as it starts going south. “ You drained me completely, honey.”

 “ Sorry.” She says, laughing out loud and cuddling further into him. He was right though, she lost count of how many rounds she made him go for that day, not forgetting of course how much sex they’ve been having since it first happened a couple of weeks ago. She never though she was capable of having that much sex, but everytime she simply looked at him she could just go for hours.

 “ I never thought you’d get this insatiable.” He says, looking at her with disbelief in his eyes and making her face burn. Just the way he was looking at her again was making her hot and bothered once again. “ Stop looking at me like that. I told you, I’m done for the night.”

 Camila bites her bottom lip and looks at him with pleading eyes before starting to place kisses on his chest, making Shawn sigh before his face is once again between her legs. He might be exhausted, but he still couldn’t get enough of hearing his name falling from her lips repeatedly.

 A week goes by and the day of her art exhibit at the gallery finally arrives, but somehow she’s not as nervous as she thought she would be. Of course it helps that she has been feeling really good these last few weeks, therapy was helping so much and the way Shawn was making sure to keep up with her sexual needs was definitely making her feel lighter. She chose a loose mini white dress with her hair loose in curls and golden flat sandals for the big event, but after some last minute activities with Shawn before leaving the house she had to change into a red dress instead.

 They almost arrived late for her own event and Taylor and Hailee were eyeing them suspiciously, especially since Shawn’s hair seemed to be all over the place and Camila’s face was flushed. Shawn walked to where Brian was with a group of friends from the bar, leaving Camila to all the teasing the two girls were about to do. She’s saved by the owner of the gallery though, who needs her saying in something, so she doesn’t hear much from her friends.

 She walks with Shawn through the gallery, admiring every single piece on her collection and remembering what pushed her to paint each one of them. The most heartbreaking one had to be one of the car crash, bringing up some distressful memories and feelings. A masculine figure was often present in most of the pieces and she would smile everytime Shawn would say he looked like the guy in the painting, either under the moonlight at the beach or on the top of a ferris wheel. Her favorite one though, was a close up of his face with a mixture of the bright lights of the hospital. It was what she saw when she first opened her eyes after the accident, she remembers his face vividly as he was trying to calm her down and make her stop fighting with the IV tubes in the hospital bed.

 Shawn holds her and places a kiss on her forehead when he notices she’s getting a little emotional with the image in front of them, even if she was the one who painted it. She has to give a short speech later, introducing herself and explaining what the exhibit is about and the next morning she’s on cloud nine with the amazing reviews she got from all the art critics. Shawn wakes her up with breakfast in bed and when she looks at the tray over the bed after kissing his lips, Camila feels her heart skip a beat.

 “ What is that?” She asks curiously, eyeing the simple golden ring on top of her food. It didn’t look expensive at all, but it was beautiful nonetheless.

 “ Marry me again.” Shawn whispers, kissing her lips one more time before taking the ring and slipping it on her finger. Her actual wedding ring has been lost during the accident and she had told Shawn she wanted to get a new one because he always had his on.

 “ I don’t know if I understand what you mean by that.” She whispers with confusion. “ But, yes. I would marry you how many times you wanted me to.”

 “ You had to start all over again, so I think it’s only fair you get to experience the whole wedding thing one more time.” He says, scratching the back of his neck nervously. She can tell he’s scared she might not like the idea. “ It doesn’t have to be anything big, just you and me, and an officiant of course.”

 “ God, I love you.” Camila says as she feels tears rolling down her face.

 “ Is that a yes?” He asks, swiping away her tears.

 “ I had already said yes, baby.” Camila says, connecting their lips. “ I could lose my memories a hundred times, but I know I would always come back to you. I’m destined to fall for you. I can feel that in my bones.”

 She means every word as she looks into his beautiful honey eyes, not even caring about those stupid memories anymore. If there was such a thing as soulmates, she was sure she had found hers. He was her other half, the person that made her want to be better and she couldn’t wait to meet this baby that was half him and half her, a combination she already knew worked perfectly.