Chapter 9 - what if you never called me

Our coming-of-age has come and gone
Suddenly this summer, it's clear
I never had the courage of my convictions
As long as danger is near
And it's just around the corner, darling
'Cause it lives in me
No, I could never give you peace

•••

 Camila walks through their front door and goes immediately to the small bathroom by the end of the hall, annoyed for having to pee again in such a short amount of time. When she walks back, Shawn is at the kitchen, putting away their groceries as Tarzan observes his every move with so much attention. The golden retriever puppy might love her, but it has already become clear to her that Shawn was his true obsession.

 “ Shawn?” Camila whispers, catching his attention as she accommodates herself on the couch and turns on the TV. “ Would you mind getting me some of that strawberry ice cream?”

 She watches as Shawn turns around and looks at her with a smile on his face, so she makes sure to send him her best puppy face, just like Tarzan does to her when he wants her to share her food with him.

 “ Of course, honey.” He says with a chuckle, letting her know he would have agreed to it even without the puppy face.

 Camila chooses a random romcom at Netflix because she doesn’t really feel like paying attention, all she wants is to just relax and put her feet up because of how swollen they feel after their trip to the grocery store. Shawn sits down next to her and hands her a bow of ice cream, which she gladly attacks as he places a kiss on her cheek. They watch the movie in silence as Camila finishes her ice cream, placing the empty bow over the center table before laying down with her head over a pillow and her legs over Shawn’s lap.

 “ Shawn?” Camila whispers once again, making him look at her while his hand goes up and down her legs.

 “ Yeah, honey?” He asks softly, smiling at her. She almost didn’t answer him because of the heart melting smile he just gave her.

 “ Would you mind massaging my feet?” She asks shyly. He had offered to do it the other day and it helped her swollen feet a lot, but she still felt kind of weird asking.

 “ Sure.” Shawn sounds happy to be able to ease her discomfort in any way and she sighs soundly when his hands start rubbing her feet gently. He stops for a second and walks to the bathroom, coming back with one of her body lotions and applying it to her feet before restarting the massage.

 His hands work with the right amount of pressure and softness, making some questionable sounds leave Camila’s lips from the relief she’s feeling. She closes her eyes involuntarily, the movie they were watching long forgotten, letting herself get lost in the touch of his hands. He’s no longer touching just her feet, moving his hands up her ankles and calves and making her mind to places she’s been trying to avoid every time she’s too close to him.

 Camila catches her breath when she feels one of Shawn’s hands going up to her thigh and slightly squeezing it, still working on a massage. A low moan leaves her lips as she immediately opens her eyes, finding Shawn looking down at her with a look that tells her he’s doing this on purpose. She feels herself blushing as he smirks and keeps touching her thighs, clearly enjoying seeing her reaction to his touches.

 Trying to hide her embarrassment, Camila grabs his face and pulls him down to kiss her, making him hover over her body as she locks her legs around his torso. She kisses Shawn with urgency and he responds by running his hand all over her body. There has been so much tension between them these last few weeks that when he starts trailing kisses down her body, Camila thinks she might combust in flames from how much she needs him. She knows her hormones are mostly to blame, but she doesn’t even care about them at the moment.