A Talk (Part 2)

On top of the roof

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knowing that they still need to talk about other things, Kirishima starts talking again, "Bakugo. You know that no one thinks that you were the reason that All Might went into retirement right?"

Bakugo turns away from the redhead, "Now YOU'RE lying. Everyone thinks it. Everyone knows it. If I hadn't been weak, if I hadn't gotten kidnapped, then All Might wouldn't have lost his powers."

"You are not weak Bakugo! You are the strongest in the class and probably the nation! And you didn't end All Might and no one thinks so."

"Then why didn't anyone else get kidnapped? Why was I the only one that needed rescuing? Why did All Might have to fight that guy in order to protect me. If I hadn't been kidnapped then he wouldn't have lost his powers. That's the bottomline. And everyone knows it. They all see me as a villain. That's why the league tried to recruit me and that's exactly what they were chanting at me during the Sports Festival!" Tears form in Bakugo's eyes. He desperately tries holding them back as his voice cracks from the emotion bursting out from within him.

"Bakugo." Kirishima says lightly, "That's not true. Even if it was who cares what a bunch of idiots think? I mean they are jus-" Bakugo cuts Kirishima off, knowing that he is just being nice.

"Kirishima," The dam building up in Bakugo's eyes finally bursting, tears splashing down onto his cheeks, "I know that what others think doesn't matter." He pauses, not being able to speak as he cries, "It's just that...I just wish that they cared about me Kirishima, just a little. Everyone is scared of me, everyone sees me as a villain. Everyone knows I ended All Might, but..." More tears leak out of his eyes as Bakugo squeezes tighter against his shorts that are clenched in his hands. "But I wished they just saw me as a Hero. I wish they cared about me, even just a little would be enough." His sobs increase as his breathing becomes short. Bakugo closes his eyes to try to stop himself from crying. He sniffs in, "But it doesn't matter. I am going to be the number 1 Hero and I am going to be more famous than All Might." Bakugo wipes the tears from his face and tries to put on a brave face as he puffs his chest out.

"Stop Bakugo." Kirishima says as tears form in his eyes for the boy sitting in front of him. "Listen to me." He grabs Bakugo's hands and pulls the boy closer to himself. "You are not a villain, no one thinks that you are. And everyone in class truly cares about you. Hell Bakugo, why do you think we invite you to things, why do you think that I try to hangout with you as much as possible, it is because you mean so much to us. You mean so much to me. You aren't alone in this fight Bakugo. You may have been for a while, but from here on out, I will battle the world with you if I have to."

Bakugo looks into Kirishima's eyes. "Is he being serious. How can someone as great as him want to stand by my side? He is just being nice to me, that is just how amazing he is. He doesn't know about the things I have done and as soon as I tell him he will leave. I can't lie to someone as amazing as him." Bakugo thinks to himself as the faint glimmer of hope in his eyes dies out.

"Don't." Bakugo says in a harsh voice to Kirishima. "You don't know what I have done. You wouldn't say those things if I told you the truth. You deserve to be standing next to someone worthy of your presence. Not me." Bakugo gets up and heads to the door, opening it, "We should go." His quiet voice resonates in the open air for a moment.

"NO!" Kirishima quickly stands up "Why don't you think you are worthy of me? That is ridiculous Bakugo!"

"You don't know what I have done. I-"

"Then tell me what you have done!! I don't care what you have done, I am by your side now and I am going to stay there! Please Bakugo, I want to know about your life, but I can't if you don't tell me. And I don't care what you have done, we can face your past together. What you have done in the past won't change my decision. I want to know everything, but it won't change anything I swear." Kirishima had walked over to Bakugo while talking. He stands in front of the boy at the door and grabs his shirt, pleading with Bakugo to let him into his life. Bakugo's shirt tugs down because of Kirishima. Blonde hair blocks Kirishima from being able to look into his best friend's eyes, but tears can be seen rolling down his face once again.