Beginning the Mission (Knuxouge)

Cream's P.O.V

After all that happened, I wondered what else was going on in the group. So I walked back into the room after using the bathroom and went back into the room. Tails and Charmy soon came to the house themselves I felt like I had some more friends to hang out with. That's when I knew I'd have to tell them about my discoveries. "You feeling better Cream? I know how hard it's been on you." Tails asked me. "I'm fine, don't worry! I'm trying to have a better view of life. But thankfully it's working! I feel happier!" I replied. "That's good to hear! So, what is making you so happy?" Charmy asked me. 

"So, before my mom passed away, she told me that this necklace could help her see other's emotions. Lately, I've been seeing new things. Mainly these things representing how you might feel. Since then, I have been seeing how everyone feels. I also figured out Mr. Silver likes Blaze." I explained. "What! Silver and Blaze? HAHA!" Tails laughed. "Really! What are we going to do?" Charmy asked. "For now, we just have to watch. I'm curious to know who else is in love!" I replied.

~ A day later on Angel Island ~

Tails, Charmy, and I decided we needed to go find who was in love with who. We were going to be our investigators. "So, what is the first step we have to do?" I asked. "Well, from what Espio and Vector have taught me, we have to pick our targets. How do they act?" Charmy replied. "Well, Knuckles and Rouge are usually the only ones who come over this way. Maybe we can figure out some things over here!" Tails replied. "Alright, so now we begin the mission! What's the operation name?" I asked.

"Hmmm. How about Knuxouge?" Tails suggested. "What kind of name is that?" Charmy asked confused. "Well, if you combine Knuckles and Rouge, Knuxouge? It makes a proper ship name!" Tails replied, arguing to the point. 

Both of them continued to try to create a name, I rolled my eyes at them. There wasn't much I could do except listen to them. But when I saw Rouge fly onto the island, I put my hands over their mouths to get them to be quiet. "She's here! Operation Knuxouge is a go! Incognito mode, activated!" I said, we soon ducked into the bush. 

We soon began walking with the bush to get a better view of him and Rouge to see what could happen. Once positioned, all we could do was observe them.

Rouge's P.O.V

Thank goodness I was able to get here for today. Now's my chance to steal that Master Emerald! Carefully I walked to where I knew it was. When I reached the stand, I looked and saw it where it usually was. The best part, Knuckles was nowhere to be seen! But, at the same time, I was kind of hoping to see him. If I'm being honest, I might have a little crush on that red echidna. But there was no way he liked me like that! Oh well... time to return to my main focus. I flew over to the emerald, taking a close look at it, making sure I didn't make so much noise. 

I landed on the ground and went right up to the emerald. I put my hands on it, but right as I did, I felt something pick me up and toss me across the land. I caught myself before I could crash into the ground. "How am I not surprised?" Knuckles stood there and I hoped I could get that emerald still. "Ugh! You just had to get in my way!" I sighed, ready to turn him on. 

"Don't you know I'll never give it up that easily. Just give up!" he said. "Oh, Knucky! Please! Just for a tiny bit? It's so pretty!" I begged, throwing myself into his arms. "No, now go home and get some rest!" Knuckles replied, but he didn't push me away. I wish I could tell him how I feel, I wish I didn't have to hide my feelings, and I wish he would look my way. For some reason, I felt tears form in my eyes. "Oh don't start with that act!" Knuckles said, his strong arms gripping me. "I-It's not an act!" I snapped. 

He let me go and I stretched out a little bit. "If I'm being honest... I didn't really come for the emerald. In fact... I don't know why I bothered coming." I choked, feeling the tears escape. This time he looked me in the eyes, being a little bit nicer. "I'm sorry... I just... I've never seen this side of you." he replied, holding me tight. "It's fine, I don't express it much. Thanks for cutting me some slack!" I smiled. He smiled at me and for some reason, I felt myself turning red.

Knuckles P.O.V

I will say, she's hot when she's not stealing the Emerald. But of course, I never wanted to admit that to her. Besides, she probably wouldn't return the feeling. "Ahem, well, I suppose everything's good now!" I said letting her go. 

"Y-Yeah! No worries! I-I'll leave the Emerald alone... for now!" she teased. "Ha! I'll be here before you can even put your hands on it!" I reassured. She started walking off. Something inside me didn't want her to leave though. "Wait, Rouge!" I shouted. She turned back to look at me surprised. "Yes?" she questioned. I can't believe I was asking this. "W-Would you possibly just want to hang out around here some?" I asked. She smiled and nodded her head. "Sure, I'd love that-" she began. But something made a weird rustling noise. 

"Ow! Stop it!" one voice went. "Shh! You're going to make them hear us!" another went. "But they're going on a date! It's so funny!" a third said. While Rouge couldn't help but giggle, I was wondering who was spying on us from my island.

Gently I walked over to the bush that was making the noise and just watched it continue to move around. "Ugh, stop it! You two are so loud!" one went. "You're the one who wanted us to come!" another snapped. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or to interrogate these guys. While they argued, I came up with an idea. Carefully I put my hands on the bushes, making sure not to alert them, and then quickly pulled them apart. "AHHGGHH!"I roared into the bushes. Inside, Tails, Cream, and Charmy were all hiding and began screaming. 

"AHHH!" they screamed. "We've been discovered! Abort the mission! Run for your life!" Charmy shouted and they began to run off. "Run! Fly away you guys! Hurry!" Cream shouted and they all flew off my island. "Go go!" Tails said as they made their "escape" if you could even call it that! I gave a small chuckle and sensed Rouge walk up to me. "You're a funny one I'll give you that!" she told me, putting her hands on my biceps. I smiled at her and we walked off into the distance on the island.