Getting Spiffy

Cream's P.O.V

Finally, we could get out of the store! I knew Tails and Charmy looked drained too. "Y'all sure do take your time!" Tails whined. "You'd be the same way if you were shopping for the one you love!" Knuckles snapped. "Well, we wouldn't know, we don't have crushes or girlfriends!" Charmy added. "Not yet!" Mr. Silver said. "We'll never find anyone. We're all happy all by ourselves!" I said. "Exactly, we've never been into dating. But we're so nice that we'll help you guys get your future wives and husbands!" Charmy added. I giggled and covered my mouth with my hand as I watched all their faces turn red. "If they even like us." Mr. Shadow added.

I patted his bushy head and smiled. "Don't worry Mr. Shadow! We'll figure it out! Now we've gotta go home so we can actually get you guys looking good to tell them!" I reassured. I heard him give a huge huff as we walked to his house. We had them sit down in chairs and they looked at us worriedly.

"I'm scared you're up to something sinister Cream." Mr. Shadow said to us. "I'm not I promise! We've just gotta think of the right look," I said. "Any ideas?" Tails and Charmy were thinking, but I could tell Tails had somewhat of an idea. "Oh! I've got this box of stuff! It's something Sonic gave to me one time after she said it didn't work for his quills! Maybe it can help us!" he explained. He pulled out the box from his backpack and looked inside, there was a whole bunch of hair treatments and fur shampoos. I was beyond excited! "This is going to be so much fun!"

I grabbed a pair of scissors, Charmy grabbed some weird cream, Tails grabbed a comb, and Cheese grabbed fur gel. "Chew chew!" he said. "Is it wrong to not trust six and eight-year-olds with this?" Mr. Silver asked. "I'm scared too Silver." Knuckles said. "Oh relax! We know what we're doing!" I said and snipped the scissors. "Now hold still! We've got this!" 

"Oh no." Mr. Shadow sighed as we got to work. I cut a few loose ends off from Mr. Shadow's quills which made it look smoother. I noticed Tails was trying to untangle knots from Mr. Silver's hair which meant he kept telling him to stop every five seconds. Cheese figured out how to use the fur gel to make Knuckles' quills shiny, which he did pretty well! Charmy also was making Mr. Espio's horn shinier with that weird cream we found! So I guess we could be beauticians if we wanted to! Once we were done we got down from our step-stools and had a good look at them. "They look beautiful!" I gasped, stars in my vision. "Wow, we did better than unexpected!" Tails added. "You guys look great!" Charmy said. "Chew chew!" Cheese chimed. "Where's the closest mirror?" Knuckles asked Mr. Shadow, I could tell he was a little worried.

"Just follow me." Mr. Shadow sighed and they got up to look at themselves. We were so excited about their reaction so we followed them to the hallway mirror. "Wow... you guys actually did good!" Mr. Silver gasped.

For a while they just stared, awing over their new looks. "I guess we owe you one!" Espio said. We all smiled and knew we had done our job properly. "See? We know what we're doing!" I reassured them. "Uh-huh. Well, we've gotta give it to you this time. You guys know how to pull off miracles." Knuckles said. After they were done admiring themselves, we picked out something decent for them to wear when they confess. Everything was perfect. Now we just had to get those chickens to go out and say something.

"Okay, you're ready to go now!" I said to them. "A-Already? Don't we need more practice?" Mr. Silver asked nervously. "H-He's got a point. I don't think we're ready." Mr. Shadow added.

"Ugh! No! You guys have to get out there and just do it! You wanna be chickens for the rest of your life? No! I didn't think so! So get out there! Or I'll get Amy to come get you out there!" I snapped at them. I saw their faces turn into a frightened stare but they nodded their heads. "Fine... we'll do it." Mr. Espio sighed. "Yay! Don't worry! Just be you and maybe things will turn out fine!" I reassured. "You've got this!" Tails told them. "Go team Lovers!" Charmy cheered. "Now come on! We've got to set up everything!"