Six-year-old Tells Her Straight

Cream's P.O.V

After everything that had happened yesterday, I was worried Mr. Shadow might be mad at me for pushing him so hard. Hopefully, he was okay. I got up from my sleeping bag that was set up in the living room where Charmy, Tails, and Cheese were snoring in their own bags across the floor.

I don't know why, but I was so thirsty! I needed a glass of water. I walked into the kitchen where the cups were up in the cupboard. Ugh, why am I so short! I stood on my tippy-toes and strained to get to the cupboard where I knew the cups were and I could almost reach the doorknob. "Ugh! I can- almost!" I strained and couldn't reach it. Ugh! Finally! I was able to get the door open but the cups were still out of my reach. The only time I need help is when I can't reach the stuff I want! That's when I saw the little stool nearby and dragged it over to the counter where I hopped on it and reached up for the cups.

"Ugh! Why do I have to be so short!" I strained, continuing to reach hoping to get something. No matter what it was, I was going to have some water whether the world liked it or not! I almost... got it...Pleaseee! I suddenly felt the rim of the cup on my fingertip and tried to pull it this way so I could finally pull it down. But right as it was there in my reach, the sudden knock of the door scared me and I fell back.

*Knock Knock*

Why me? I brushed myself off and went towards the door. When I opened it up, Blaze was standing there, a little down, but she was happy to see me! "Cream! I wasn't expecting you this morning!" she smiled and got down to hug me. "Blaze! It's been so long!" I cheered and hopped into her arms. I heard her giggle and she picked me up and held me up. "Whatcha up to so far?" she asked happily. "Well, I was trying to get a cup for some water and I just can't seem to reach it. *sigh* It is unfortunate to be so short." I sighed and continued to look at the open cupboard.

Blaze barely snickered and placed me back down to help me FINALLY get the cup that I desperately wanted. "Here you go!" she said and handed it over to me. "Thank you!" I smiled and filled it up with water before gulping it down. "Ah! Much better!" I gasped and put it in the sink. "It's always nice to see you here Blaze! But, why'd you come over to Amy's house?" I asked, a little surprised by her unexpected visit.

"Oh, I just needed to speak to Amy about something... everything's been so chaotic for and I just needed someone to talk to. I wanted to help Blaze since she seemed so sad about whatever was bothering her. Maybe she would talk to me. "You can always talk to me since Amy is asleep! She's probably busy cuddling with Ms. Sally!" I replied. "That's very kind of you Cream but- wait did you say Sally??" she questioned after hearing me. "Yes! Why?" 

I could see her thought process work through the words I just said, and I couldn't help but giggle. "Sally... Amy... together... cuddling... surprised..." she said. "I didn't see it coming either but I think it's a cute ship!" I smiled. "No! I'm not saying it's not! I guess I'm surprised myself. Anyway, as much as I appreciate your caring nature, I'm not sure I should be telling you about what's bothering me..." she sighed. "If it's about Mr. Silver I already know what happened." I told him. "W-What? How?" Blaze asked me confused.

"I was the one who convinced him to confess to you... because I knew you felt the same way for him in return. All I wanted to do was help you get the happy ever after. But I heard that you didn't like him back... so all my work was pointless I guess." I said to her. Her face was stunned once I finished my sentence. At least she didn't look mad.

"Everything that he had told me... everything that he did for me... was because you convinced him?" she asked. I nodded my head and looked down at the ground.

 "Does that mean you know what's in this box?" she asked me and took a small thing out of her pocket. "Yeah, I do. He made sure it was something personal for you." I responded. Blaze held the box gently and loosened the ribbon that was tied around it. She opened up the box carefully to see what was in the mix of all that tissue paper. The Flame-shaped necklace was removed and she held it in her hands. I thought I saw a small tear fall down her cheek as she looked at it. "H-He picked this out for me? He even got r-ruby stones on it?" she sniffed. I nodded my head and smiled, knowing she appreciated his gift.

"Oh Silver..." she sighed, still clutching it tightly. "Why did you say no?" I asked, still confused about why she would refuse him she loved him. "B-Because it's not fair to him if I just dragged him into my life into drama he doesn't need to be involved with! I'm a princess that has all sorts of duties that he probably wouldn't want to handle. I don't want to scare him off! But everything I am will do that if I say yes! I'd rather be heartbroken and lonely than to have Silver come into my life and leave me alone!" she sobbed.

More tears fell down her face and I got up to give her a hug. A rainy cloud formed over her head along with a broken golden heart over her head. I knew Blaze was scared, but everything she was saying couldn't have been true. "If that were true, why did Mr. Silver confess to you?" "What do you mean?" "If you really think about it, Mr. Silver has been in your life forever. You guys are the best of friends! And don't best friends know each other best? He knows all about your crazy life and what you've got going on. If everything in your life scared him, don't you think he would've stayed away from you in the beginning?" I asked her.

Suddenly her rainy cloud started to fade and her eyes gently softened. "You're right. You're right! Oh my gosh... Do you believe it's too late?" she asked worriedly. "If there's one thing I've learned from all those kissy movies that Amy and I have watched, it's that it's never too late! Go! Get your manz! You've gotta chase after your dreams this time!" I cheered. "Thank you so much Cream! I owe you big time. Hopefully... Silver doesn't hate me!" she thanked and she raced out the door. "Hehe. She'll be fine." I told myself, a grin spreading across my face.

Now to find those extra muffins!