Getting confessions

Knuckles' P.O.V

Most of my days were spent near the Master Emerald and looking up at the sky. Even though this was my only duty, I just wish there was more to my life. When Rouge came here the other day, I felt better about everything. Rouge put the light in my life when I thought mine was somewhat useless. I gave a huge sigh while laying there... deep down I was hoping she'd come back for the Emerald today. Anything just to see her face. I closed my eyes and tried to relax again. But every time I do, the bright image of Rouge just kept popping up in my mind. 

I tried to forget about her but I just couldn't. It was starting to become frustrating. I grumbled and shifted on my other side to try to feel better. When I did that, I sensed some weird presence next to me. When I looked up, there was Shadow looming over me. "AH! What are you doing here?" I cried out, then sat up on the stairs. "Relax echidna, we're not here to hurt you." he said. "Wait, what do you mean we?" I asked confused. Shadow pointed behind me and I saw Cream, Tails, Cheese, and Charmy standing on the Master Emerald. "Hi Knuckles!" Tails shouted. "Oh uh, hey! You guys finally came back! I was wondering how badly I actually scared you guys." "You weren't even that scary. You just caught us off guard from our mission!" Charmy said somewhat defensive. 

I gave a small smirk and they jumped down from the Emerald. "Besides coming to give me a heart attack, is there any other reason you're here?" Cream nodded her head and walked up casually to me. "You see Knuckles, I know you like Ms. Rouge!" she replied and gave me the biggest smile ever. My cheeks heated up and I wasn't even sure what to say to that. "Uh... come again?" The rest of them laughed at me and I looked to Shadow for answers. "They did the same to me. I'd just admit it right now while you can." he replied. 

"Listen, Cream, you're a sweet kid and all and so are the rest of you. Tails, you of everyone here should know that I don't like Rouge in that way. After all, Rouge probably has someone else in mind if I did like her, which I don't." I explained. "I would disagree since Cream knows she likes you too!" he replied, giving a cocky grin. "W-What! No, she doesn't! H-How do you know?" I stuttered feeling so embarrassed. "Because I saw hearts above your heads and that told me you liked her!" Cream said. Ugh... it's hard to get mad or even annoyed with a six-year-old rabbit. "Alright... fine. You guys win! I do like her!" I sighed. They giggled and wrote something down on the notepad that they brought. "Thank Knuckles! We'll talk to you very soon!" Charmy said and they all began to head off the island. Shadow gave me a look of sympathy but was also amused. He soon raced off after them. What just happened?

~ Back towards home ~

Silver's P.O.V

I guess it was just me today. Blaze said she had to take care of a few things back home. I was going through some photos that we had and I smiled at one where she had grabbed me randomly and yanked me in for a photo. More were similar where we were being goofy as kids and just messing around. The good times. I sighed knowing she'd never been the same. She's told me multiple times that I was the only one who understood her. I didn't want to let her down, but I wish I could tell her what I felt, but I guess I'd have to have to keep it to myself.

Hearing a knock on the door, I put the pictures away and decided to answer the door. When I did, I saw Shadow standing at the opening of the door. "Uh, hey Shadow! Can I help you?" I asked surprised to see him. 

"Not really. I'm just here on business." he replied. "Um, alright, that seems fine. Do you want tea, coffee, or something?" Shadow nodded his head and I let him inside the house. I began the pot for the coffee and he just sat there on my sofa looking around my house. Something about this wasn't right. But I was still scared to ask since he can get moody when I get nosy. Getting kicked in the face wasn't a nice feeling anyway. "So, is there something I can help you with? I only ask because you kind of dropped in here unannounced." "No, I just needed someone to talk to." he replied. I was kind of shocked but I suppose it wouldn't hurt. "Okay, spill." I said and took a sip from my own coffee. "Blaze," he said. For some reason, I panicked on the inside. "W-What about her?" I asked, sounding more defensive than I meant to.