SURPRISE!!

Espio's P.O.V

Finally! I could get out of this hospital! I signed the papers to get released as Vector helped me to move out the door. "You need help?" he asked as I used crutches to keep moving. "I'm fine Vector! Really! I'm not completely helpless!" I fussed, continuing to walk. "A-Are you sure? I mean, I wouldn't want you to walk if you're not comfortable yet! And you just started to walk after everything-!" "Oh, Vector please! I'm fine! To be honest I'm surprised I've been walking so well!" 

He gave me another troubled look and I turned over to look at him. "If you're still feeling guilty, there's no need to! I'm alive right? Besides, my leg can't stay broken forever!" I reassured. "Okay, I guess you're right!" he sighed. I smiled and came back for a kiss that he gladly gave me and then I felt his tail slowly wrap around my leg. "If you think you're slick, you've failed at doing so." I teased. He gave me a look of defeat and sighed. "Yeah, I know. I'm not good at sneaky." he sighed. "You really want to carry me huh?" "Y-Yeah..."

Playfully, I rolled my eyes and began to fall backward on purpose. "Espio! Gosh, you gotta be more careful! That's it I'm gonna carry you! I don't care if you have a problem with it! I need you to be safe! Like one day you're falling off cliffs, and next thing I know, you're falling while you've got a cast on!" he ranted, going on about how much danger I could be in. He went on for a while as he carried me to our destination.

Getting an earful of everything was starting to drive me a little insane. "And for the record!" he added. "Vector! My gosh do you ever listen to yourself?" I snapped. Taken off guard, he stopped in his tracks and stared at me. "I'm going to get better. I understand that I have to be more careful. But can't you trust me?" I asked. "Y-Yeah, I can. I'm sorry I was being an idiot..." he sighed. "Protective dear, not an idiot." I reassured. "Heh, that too." he smiled. We shared another kiss and then he kept walking. I fell asleep in his arms, but then I woke up after hearing what sounded like a knock.

That's when I realized, we had never gone back home. "Uh, Vector, where are we?" I asked curiously. "Oh! I meant to tell you," he began. Someone answered the door. "SURPRISE!"

I was caught off guard but I couldn't be happier! Vector placed me down and I walked over to my friends who were excited to see me. "ESPIO!" Charmy cheered, racing into my arms, and almost causing me to crash. "I'm so happy that you're okay!" he squealed. "Me too, I'm glad you're okay." I smiled. "Mr. Espio, Mr. Espio! Can I sign your cast?" Cream asked, coming up with a marker. "Yeah sure!" I replied, sitting down so I could let all of them sign it. They had me settle down on the couch, so I could see all of them, and everyone was having a good time. Vector hardly left my side the whole time so it made sitting down more enjoyable.

It got darker and darker, all three of the youngest were getting tired. I eventually had to convince the others to let me go home. Without arguing with him, Vector carried a very sleepy Charmy all the way back, while at the same time supporting me every step. "Vector, I just wanted to say... thank you... for everything. I never thought any of this was possible." I sighed, holding onto him carefully. "Of course! Anything for you! Besides, you deserve it after what's happened to you recently." he said, his cheeks heating up.

"Kiss me." I demanded. He was almost startled by the request and motioned at little Charmy. "He's asleep! Let me have one!" I pleaded. "Fine!" he sighed in defeat. He pulled me in closer, then gave me a huge kiss. It felt good to have someone like him by my side. "Are... Are we a thing now?" I asked curiously. "Only if you'll have me." he replied, holding my hand. "You know I will! I love you too much to refuse!" I replied happily.

"Psh! This is so cheesy!" he replied, blush quickly spreading across his face. "Not our style I know!" I laughed. We continued to walk until we finally made it back to our place. I took a seat on the couch and waited for Vector to come back since he was putting Charmy to bed. Then he came back, a little out of breath as he sat down. "Phew! Gosh, today has been a whole workout!" he gasped. "Well, that's what happens when you carry me for half a day and Charmy for a whole evening. Stop tiring yourself!" I urged.

"W-Well, I'm trying to do anything to help you out! After all... it's my fault you went down that cliff..." he sighed a tear falling down his cheek. Why is he still blaming himself? None of this was because of him! "Vector... do you honestly believe that this was your fault?" I asked. "A little..." "Look... I'm responsible for my own actions... I didn't run off with them to hide, I didn't run off to get away from you, and I certainly didn't go off to run away from my problems. I did it because I was supposed to protect them. And that's exactly what I did. All I wanted to do was do the right thing." I sighed, looking away.

I felt an arm come around my shoulders as Vector came closer to my side. "You did everything I would've done. I should realize that you did good too. It's just that I don't want to lose you!" he cried. "And you won't!" I reassured. I pulled him in closer and kissed him to make him feel better. "I'm here to stay. I'm not leaving you ever again." Suddenly he just reached over to kiss me and then he carried me to his room. This was one day I'll always cherish forever.