Reassurance

Cream's P.O.V

We were all worried about Mr. Espio. When Charmy and Tails set up their stuff in my room, I saw a large rain cloud over Charmy's head. Raindrops looked like they were about to fall out at any moment, lightning bolts starting to flash. "Hey, you know Mr. Espio will get better." I comforted. "I know but- I'm scared! What if he doesn't? It'd be all our fault! Mostly mine! I'm the one who suggested going out in the forest!" he cried. "No, it's not. I'm the one who didn't hold the lights up for us. Otherwise Cream could've seen where she was going." Tails replied.

"It's my fault too. I wasn't paying attention. Instead, he took the fall for me. Even if we feel bad, we shouldn't be so harsh with ourselves. Mr. Espio wouldn't want that after everything." Both looked very upset still, so I gave them the biggest hugs. "Thanks for being here with us Cream." Charmy said, hugging me. "No problem Charmy! We're all friends forever!" I replied, smiling.

Once I felt like everything had calmed down, I decided we needed some snacks. "You guys wait here! I'm going to get some food so we can munch!" I said and skipped out of the room. They nodded their heads as I skipped out of the room to head towards the kitchen. I gathered all the food we liked and began to walk back to my bedroom. "What if he doesn't recover? What if that injury only got worse?" The question caught me off guard so I went to go check on what it was. "It's going to get better. You can't sit there and expect the worse to happen. Espio isn't a normal chameleon after all.  He'll pull through." I heard Mr. Shadow say. "He wouldn't be out there if it wasn't for me. After all, when he gets upset, he just leaves and tries to be alone. That's what he did when we were kids. Every time we had a disagreement or an argument, he'd just disappear. So he did it again. And now, he's in a hospital not knowing what's going to happen."

The tone in Mr. Vector's voice was grave. I could tell he was upset. I wonder why he and Mr. Espio didn't see each other the same. "You couldn't feel the same, Espio respects that. Even if he's upset, he knows you never wanted to hurt him. It just takes time. I know when I got rejected, I felt nothing but pain. But now... I'm slowly starting to move forward. It still hurts... but either way, I know I can't whine about it forever." Mr. Shadow sighed. "I only wish I could have sort of guide to tell me what to do... I'm just so lost." Mr. Vector sighed.

Mr. Shadow continued to try to make him feel better but he still seemed to be sad about Mr. Espio. If only I knew what I could do to help.

For now, my friends needed me. I walked back to my room where I figured we'd just eat some snacks, try to laugh, and hope for the best. "Hey, guys! I brought back the-" I began but when I walked in the room, there were Tails and Charmy all snuggly next to each other. But when they saw me they quickly scootched away. "Chew chew." Cheese said. He didn't seem too shocked but I was so surprised about what happened.

"Oh, h-hey Cream! Glad you brought snacks!" Tails stuttered. "Y-Yeah! We were wondering when we were coming back!" Charmy added. I still stood there, just staring at them, and I had dropped all the snacks. I looked above their heads and saw two golden hearts above their heads. Tails and Charmy liked each other? I started smiling so big and getting all excited! "EEEEKK!!!!!" I cheered, squealing loudly. Tails and Charmy rushed over to try and cover my mouth while Cheese kept a lookout.

"SHH! You're gonna give them the wrong idea!" Tails cried. "We'll explain but just quiet down!" Charmy added. After I calmed down and we settled on my bedroom rug, they looked at each other nervously and then at me. "Tell me!! I wanna know!" I pleaded, giving them my best baby eyes. "Chew chew!" Cheese added. "*sigh* Alright! So, basically, we were hanging out more ever since you told us about the ships and different things going on. We wanted to be careful about it but we wanted to tell you at the same time. You won't tell anyone right?" Tails asked.