thirteen

Evie's view:

I slammed my way around the kitchen early Monday morning, not caring if I broke the hinges to the cabinets or woke Addie up.

I was still pissed since Friday and nothing had cheered me up. Not even my favorite junk food.

"Will you stop?!" Addie yelled coming from down the hall. She rubbed her eyes and gave me an evil glare as she entered the kitchen.

"No. I don't care about anything else right now" I pouted.

"Well slamming things and waking me up from my beauty sleep so I can strangle you isn't going to help. So you need to grow up, grow a pair and go talk to Valentina about how you feel"

I rolled my eyes at the mention of her name.

"I don't even know how I feel Addie" sighing I leaned against the counter. "I mean I guess I do have a crush on her and.. like kissing her and.. cuddling and holding her hand" I uncontrollably smiled towards the end of my sentence.

"So then you like her. Simple as that Evie. That's all you gotta tell her and then go from there. After what you've told me has gone down then I know for sure Valentina has feelings for you as well" Addie nibbled on the food from my plate.

Smacking her hand away I grabbed my breakfast and coffee cup to go sit down at the table.

"It is not that simple... now, go get ready. You have work today and I need to hurry up and eat without any distractions" I said stabbing my fork into the fruit.

. . .

All morning at work I was distracted. I was too busy thinking about how angry I am at Valentina.

I was done being her little play toy. Being there for her to kiss or touch whenever she wanted.

On Sunday it was clear my comment about meeting her made her uncomfortable. She didn't even acknowledge what I said at all.

She avoided the topic and her goodbye to me was a damn joke.

I might sound a little too needy or entitled but hell I don't care. I was waiting for a kiss!

"Evie?"

I snapped out of my thoughts looking up at my teaching assistant Taylor. "Yes?"

"Are you alright? I was asking you twice if you wanted to go grab lunch but you just kept staring at the wall" she said chuckling.

"Oh.. sorry. I just.. have a lot on my mind. But yeah. Yeah that sounds great" I stood from my desk grabbing my purse and walked out with Taylor to my car.

We car pooled to a cafe restaurant that wasn't too far off and sat down waiting to order.

Taylor wasn't someone I regularly hung out with outside of work. She was only 20 and had just graduated from college early.

She was a sweet girl, reminded me a lot of myself and was one of the only other staff members that was gay.

I didn't know what I identified myself as just yet but I did know that her and I liked women.

"I'm gonna get pasta. It always fills me up and prevents me from snacking on the kid's goldfish" Taylor giggled setting down her menu.

"Mmm that sounds good. I'll probably get the same then" I smiled setting mine down as well.

My smile fell as I looked behind Taylor seeing Valentina walk in with what looked like clients for a business meeting.

They sat at a table nearby and she of course sat facing me with Taylor's back to her.