forty

| August | Paris, Part one | 8:00 pm

Evie's view:

The airport was currently in a semi deserted state because it was past most people's bedtimes.

Valentina and I had said our goodbyes to the girls right before we put them to sleep. There were a lot of tears shed between everyone since, this was the first time the girls would be away from us for a long time.

It was only going to be for a week. But for our three that was like one year.

We had made sure before August came that we spent more time together as a family. Tending to the garden, baking in the kitchen, going to the movies and having pool parties with family friends.

As for Valentina and I, we worked on both of our issues with balancing out schedules and learning to communicate our feelings when something didn't sit well with one of us.

We learned to plan date nights ahead of time so that way Valentina's job never got in the way. We've also been looking into hiring a permanent nanny for times like this when the both of us go on trips for Valentina's work.

It wasn't fair to always shove the job of being responsible for the kids onto Abby. The young girl was my age and her original job title was just to keep up with the house.

After this trip I told Valentina I would look on my own time to find the perfect nanny for the girls.

It would help us out a lot and especially once I start getting deeper into developing my own brand. Valentina has been a huge help with it all, giving me the support system to even think about having my own company.

She's grown so much in the past month after our talk, as have I. It's made me feel more secure and in-love with her if that were even possible.

Just looking at her right now as she yells into her phone pacing back and forth has me in heart eyes with my tongue sticking out. A mean and in charge Valentina was my biggest weakness. Back when I first met her though it was a different story, she was terrifying to the point of putting me on the verge of tears.

"Espèce d'idiot stupide! Je vous ai dit de réserver la chambre à l'avance!"

( You stupid idiot! I told you to book the room in advance! )

Valentina made various motions with her hands yelling at whomever was on the phone. I smiled leaning my chin on my hand while sitting at the table where her coffee was likely already cold.

"Je m'en fous! Trouvez-moi une autre pièce mille fois mieux ou votre cul sera sur le trottoir demain matin!"

( I do not care! Find me another room a thousand times better or your ass will be on the sidewalk tomorrow morning! )

She hung up rubbing her forehead and sighed turning to face me.

"Don't stress babe.. I'm sure everything will turn out ok." I handed her the cup of coffee and stood up as I checked the time to see our flight was about to board.