nineteen

Evie's view:

The next morning I had woken to being wrapped up in Valentina's arms from behind. Every time I tried to get out of bed she would just tug me back in with whine and it was hilariously cute because she was still asleep.

We both eventually got ready together, by showering and her dressing me till she was pleased.

I had noticed that Valentina was overly comfortable and happy to take care of me. It made her smile more too.

I wasn't complaining though. I liked the feeling of being cared for and waited on like I was a child. In my past I never knew what that felt like, instead I was the one constantly doing the caring and waiting for someone else. Adults to be exact or those adults own kids.

The morning passed all too soon because right now I was bored to death for once at work.

I was busy finishing my planner for the rest of the week seeing as it was the last one before winter break.

It was only Tuesday and I was begging for it to be Friday already. I had all these fun activities planned but right now I was feeling needy and really wanted to do nothing else but cuddle up in front of the fireplace.

"Nice suit. Did your girlfriend get that for you?" Taylor asked eyeing my outfit from her own desk.

"No" I replied looking down at the thousand dollar pantsuit I once used to admire. "I slept over at Valentina's and she let me borrow it since her place is far from mine"

Taylor just nodded smirking and looked back down to her papers.

I narrowed my eyes wondering why she was smirking like that. "What?"

Taylor cleared her throat and turned the page on the packet she was supposedly reading.

"Nothing.. nothing. I just wonder if that's her way of drawing you in that's all" Taylor said looking up at me.

"Drawing me in? Are you saying she's using her wealth to get me to like her?" I asked a bit annoyed at her assumption.

Valentina didn't need to do any of that. She could run me over with her mom car and I'd ask her to marry me.

Taylor shrugged and crossed her arms. "I mean.. no because you've only received one expensive gift but.." she paused for a second. Taylor sat up in her chair and reached over placing a hand on top of mine. Making me think back to the cafe where Valentina shot her daggers from across the room.

"I just want to make sure you're not rushing into this Ev.. take it at your own pace and don't be fooled by anything. I just want you to be happy and not get heartbroken is all" Taylor offered a kind smile.

"I am.. she hasn't made me do anything I didn't want to do and even she said so herself that we can take things slow if I want" I said defending my relationship.

We hadn't been going out for that long and everyone was already jumping down my throat.

Like I knew Valentina looked and acted like a bitch sometimes but it wasn't like that was her permanent state. No one knew her behind the scenes and I liked it that way.

But at the same time it was very frustrating to convince Taylor or even Addie my best friend, that Valentina wasn't taking advantage of me.

I wasn't made of glass.

I mean sure I cry over dumb movies or when I accidentally cut myself in the kitchen, but other than that I am most definitely a strong woman who knows what she wants.

And I am going after it no matter what anyone thinks of Valentina.

. . .

"Bye guys!" I said smiling as I waved goodbye to my students who were walking away with their parents.