Chapter 1

Lifazos were always such tragic creatures, never able to think for themselves and following blind orders to attack anyone on sight. Or at least this was the thought process of (Y/n) as she cut off the head of the last one in her way.

With the obstacles eliminated, she got back on her horse and waited for Midoriya to start moving again to follow behind him.
'Even though it's been 3 months, I still can't understand how she can do that' he thought 'she fights monsters that could kill her at any second as if they're mere flies'.

He's snapped back into reality when he feels his horse begin to gallop along the path again. He recalls the words of the oracle as if they were proclaimed to him a thousand times. "The goddess has spoken, in order for the reign of all for one to truly be over, the blood of the youngest royal and his most trusted companion must be shed. I'm sorry your highness but these words cannot be taken back."

He's heard that phrase, those cursed words, the damned prophecy constantly ever since it was first spoken into existence and it makes him sick.

"You know you don't need to ride behind me, despite the dumb customs I see you as an equal" He states as he looks back at (Y/n).

She looks at him with an expression that he can only comprehend as a mixture between confusion and intent to follow her direct orders.

'Does she even have the ability to talk, I don't think I've ever heard her speak before. I'm pretty sure she can understand me because she can comprehend her job along with what she's told to do, it's kind of scary to be honest. Does she just not respect me, no that can't be it because-'

He's brought out of thought by the chatter of eager soldiers marching in a small cluster. Before he can register why they're all the way out here he hears him being called out to.

"Your highness!"

He looks towards where it came from only to be relieved by the sight of his friend.

"Uraraka, hey!"

"You just came back from the Oracle right, what did they say?"

"Ahh, well, same things every other one said unfortunately"

"Oh, sorry about that"

"Also I've told you that you can just use my last name, no need for crazy formalities or titles. Are you ready for your exhibition!"

The two of them continue to chit chat as the soldiers stare in awe at the sight. They were actually in the presence of not only the prince, but one of if not the strongest soldier in the kingdom.

(Y/n) turns her head to their staring and they freeze up at the sight and avert their gaze downwards, embarrassed to be caught.

"Anyways, I'm just excited that we actually got a mission into the dark forest approved" Uraraka stated. She recalled her duty to find anything and everything peculiar and note it down in her journals.

The excitement of her radiates onto Midoriya and he responds with an enthusiastic "I hope you find what you're looking for!"

She smiles at that and turns her attention to (Y/n), who has just been silently following the conversation.

She says a friendly "hello" in hopes to include her but she just silently nods in acknowledgement for a response.

Uraraka hesitates, not really knowing how to respond to that, I mean who would.

The air becomes a bit awkward before Midoriya continues with "well, we ought to get back to the palace now"

"Yeah, good luck with the meeting coming up by the way!"

Midoriya sighs, recalling the last time he met up with the others and how difficult it was to deal with all of them in the same vicinity.

"Thanks, I'm gonna need it"

(A/N) Hey, this is the first time I've ever written something like this, and if you couldn't tell I'm not too good at writing. I'm a maladaptive day dreamer so the inspiration for this story comes from one of my scenarios. Sorry if it's not exactly the best formatting, I'm trying to get better at writing and story telling. If you've made it this far then thank you and I hope you have a nice day!