Chapter 19

For the next three months the pair became very close, where ever you'd find one the other was nearby. Of course this was the case before hand but it was different. One or the other would always be smiling, if not both.

In the morning they would train together, often times teasing one another to lift the days spirits. (Y/n) had taught him quite a lot, from basic stances and parrying all the way to half swording, though he was still a little freaked out by the concept.

In return Midoriya would pick out all of the books he once loved reading and added them to an ever growing list of novels she would read with him in the library. The library is where they spent a majority of their collective time, between their tasks and other businesses they loved to read together, even silently it was enjoyable.

They really enjoyed talking to each other. When they were alone they discussed everything under and above the stars. They eventually even learned how to communicate through sign language with each other.

Though (Y/n) was nervous at first, Midoriya was always able to give her confidence.

"Come on, I promise she'll like you"

"But what if she doesn't"

He smiled at her, the facade of never being afraid completely off as he was trying to work up her courage to talk to Uraraka. She casually brought it up that she wanted to befriend her during training and Midoriya was on that idea ever since.

"Just say hi, that's all it takes really"

She took a deep breath and knocked on Urarakas room door. Midoriya ran out of sight before (Y/n) could protest the door was opened.

"Yes? Oh, (Y/n), did you need something?"

Uraraka was puzzled to say the least, she had never exchanged two words with the girl, though not due to lack of trying on her part. (Y/n) nervously exhaled and glanced elsewhere.

"Hi"

Midoriya wasn't wrong when he said that was all it took. Uraraka gasped in excitement and freaked out.

Yeah the two of them became fast friends.

It may not have been as open as her relationship with Midoriya but they grew to become reliable people to one another.

But by far the best part of both (Y/n)s and Midoriyas days were the nights that they would climb off of his balcony onto the roof of the castle and stargaze. The prospect of a sky full of stories amazed them both. Midoriyas favorite constellation by far was Orion. He loved the idea that one story could connect the entire sky like it did.

It was those nights that they'd talk deeply about what ever came to mind. Their fears, insecurities, trauma, but also their hopes, aspirations, and wishes for the future.

Both of them were guilty of being caught staring at the other, the wondrous look on the others face when viewing the sky was the most enchanting thing they could have imagined. Every detail seemed to be highlighted in the dim lighting. Lighting was helpful in more ways too, like when eye contact would be made and blushes wouldn't be able to be seen by the other party.

Suddenly a force pinned him to the ground on his back. Above Midoriya was (Y/n), sword pointed at his throat. He tried to fight back but at this stage it was hopeless.

"What are you thinking about, you seem distracted"

His thoughts were brought back to gazing at the stars with her. He proceeds to blush like a mad man. He might be the least socially awkwardly the two but that's a low bar to cross.

"I'm just excited to see the others tomorrow, that's all"

She smiled slightly at this and released him. The days seemed to speed by in the past three months, it seemed like yesterday they had only gotten back from her trip to Meis. She sheaths her sword as he goes to pick up his training one.

As to be expected with a training sword it wasn't nearly as elegant as her own and the metal was chipped but he loved it nonetheless.

"I think that's enough for today"

She exclaimed. The sun was already up and they were both pretty worn out from the hours spent sparing. The two readied themselves to go back inside.

"You know you're really improving, your technique is good and I can tell you're getting more confident in wielding. Though you need to stop zoning out as much"

She cracked a smile and he laughed a bit.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, can I tell you something"

She raised an eyebrow. Why would he ask her to tell her something. It seemed counter productive in all honesty.

"Yeah, what is it?"

He leaned into her ear closely. Her breath hitched silently and she began to feel very nervous.

"Race you inside"

Without a beat missed he sprinted towards that door. Already hesitated she took off as well after him. The two began laughing as they slowed down once near the palace back entrance.

Everything was so perfect, until it wasn't.