Chapter 26

"(Y/n), if you want to be apart of the army you are going to have to kill people"

He was getting impatient with the young recruit but she was unrelenting in her ideals. She just had to get in a disagreement with someone on her third day of boot camp.

"But if we kill people were as bad as villains or monsters"

"But it's necessary, what if one day your in the situation where you need to choose between an innocent civilian or a criminal."

"Well in this hypothetical you proposed I wouldn't be intentionally killing anybody, I mean to say we shouldn't be killing anybody when possible, and people like him think it's fun to take away peoples lives"

She pointed her finger at the man next to her accusingly. He spouted back.

"Well if their bad guys who cares, they'd kill you without a second thought, so why should we think any differently towards them"

"Because they also have people who care about them, they also have families who would miss them"

"Well if that's the case they can meet them in the after life, I'll even guide them there if you'd like me too."

Her mindset was considered childish to the others. Many people thought similarly to the man who sat in front of her smugly who she was trying not to punch.

"Will both of you be quiet, look you shouldn't joke about things like that, the difference between us and criminals is the fact that we don't kill people intentionally no matter who they are. And you."

He looked over at (Y/n) after putting him back in his place. He glanced downwards but didn't look remorseful for what he had said, it only angered her more.

"Death is inevitable, you can't save everyone. Not even the highest ranking soldiers can save every single live, we all have to make choices. If one of those choices comes down between killing a criminal and protecting someone, you are going to have to kill them."

He took a pause to breath before continuing.

"And your loyalty is to the royal family, so if it comes down to saving a civilian or a higher up, you need to save a higher up. If it comes down to you having to sacrifice your own life for them, you are required to do that. Do you understand"

She bit her tongue and just nodded. She dug her nails into the palm of her hand as she walked back to her barracks, swearing to herself that she'd never take someone's life.

"I'll never be like him"

A few years later words opposite to that were muttered in a similar way. The green haired prince was walking through a Forrest nearby the castle with a small pocket knife.

"I'll show him I can be strong, just like him"

The him he was referring to was Bakugou, or as he dubbed him, Kachan. The had been in an argument, or more accurately Bakugou had been making fun of Midoriyas strength and he was trying to prove himself.

He read about hero's killing monsters all the time, all he needed to do was bring back the weapon of a monster and he wouldn't be made fun of anymore.

The fourteen year old knew that it was probably a very bad idea deep down, but it was too late to turn back now in his mind.

Instant regret crossed his mind when he saw one though, it was a low level monster, a bokoblin. Probably one of the easiest monsters to defeat, but it was so much scarier up close in real life.

His face paled at the sight of the club wielding foe as it spotted him and began to charge.

He ran away as fast as he could, dropping the knife along the way but it was a lot faster than it looked.

A loud squeal was heard from behind him and by the time he had turned back it was reduced to a mere puff of smoke.

'That was surprisingly anticlimactic'

He thought. He looked up at the one responsible only to be met with (e/c) eyes s looking back at him.

"Th-thank you m-miss"

She nodded back at him. Something that immediately stood out to him is that she was about his age, or at least she looked the part.

"How old are you , you look around my age"

She held up a one and a five on her hands.

"Cool, I turn fifteen as well in four months"

She nodded once more and started to look around for any sort of house where he could have lived.

"What are you doing out here?"

(Y/n) raised an eyebrow at him as if to say 'I could ask you the same thing'

He got the hint and responded honestly.

"I live near here, I should get going though"

She followed him closely until they made it out of the small patch of woods, not knowing that they would meet once again a month later when she would be hired as his royal guard. They walked through a small clearing as well, not knowing that one day, he would be crouched beside her passed out body, crying for her to wake up.

He didn't want to be alone, he hated being alone, especially as the sun was set and it was dark.

He was only fifteen. He didn't want to be scared but he was, he didn't want to have to be protected but he had to, he couldn't seem to win in any category. He checked her pulse once again, she was still alive luckily but she wouldn't be awake for a while.

It had already been two hours.

He lied beside her on the ground and let the tears stream down his cheeks and temples. He doesn't know when he fell asleep but he drifted off eventually.

He held her hand.

I'm finally starting to get my drivers training hours guys! It isn't snowing as bad as it was before so in the past couple days I've gotten two hours! That's all I'm just excited.
Do you guys have your license, I only have my level one, or my permit, I don't like the limitations but I'll get there eventually.