Chapter 12

"Was that really her?"

"Yeah, I've heard her voice before, it must be"

"She looks exactly like her"

After the seemingly unimaginable sight, Iida and Midoriya walked back to the inn and were currently discussing at a table in the pub at the entrance. Iida was the one mainly concerned with their location.

"Don't you think it's a bit risky to be seated out here, I mean wouldn't it be more practical to talk about this in our room?"

"I've never been in a place like this though, it's quite exciting!"

"Well, I can't really argue with that"

The two of them weren't worried about being recognized in public, everyone else just saw them as two travelers. It's the exact reason why it was made sure no one really knew what the princes and princesses looked like until they were coronated, the practice had gone back generations in Midoriyas family.

"Why do you think (Y/n) is even here?"

"Oh my goodness, (Y/n) actually returned!"

The excited voice came from a waitress walking by and happening to overhear their conversation.

"You know (Y/n)?"

Midoriya was a bit confused, she acted as if they were childhood friends. How much did he know about her, or I guess how much did he not.

"Of course I do, this is her home town, I grew up with her! How do you guys know her?"

"We're old military friends of hers"

An on the spot, but believable story.

"I heard she's really rose the ranks, Mei says she's become the royal guard, it's quite exciting"

"Who's Mei?"

While Iida tended to allow people their own privacy, but he was very curious on the girls life and what lead her to act the way she does.

"She's (Y/n)s best friend since like, ever. She's a scientist and inventor that lives not to far from here. I heard she was trying to experiment with blood from a Lynel up a nearby mountain tomorrow morning. That girl is a bit cra-"

They were interrupted by someone calling for the waitress, who left in a hurry, a bit flustered for getting sidetracked on the job.

The next day they decided to go up the mountain, convinced to themselves that it was just to see the Lynel and that if they ran into (Y/n), it must have been a complete coincidence. Yeah, sounded reasonable enough.

The two of them begin along a trail and they hear distant shouts. They don't comment on it and begin to admire the scenery around them. The woods were thick and arrows were stuck in trees. As the strange arrows became more prominent they could hear the distinct war cries from the beast.

"Hey, what are you guys doing up here?"

'Great' the two thought, the exact words they didn't want to hear from the exact person they didn't want to hear them from. Struggling to think of a response Midoriya just blurts out.