2

Dianthe

August 1st

"Is it a small or medium bouquet?" I ask the customer as I hear another call incoming and I hold in a sigh.

"What's the difference?" The man cluelessly asks.

"Um, a small usually has 24 to 26 roses, and a medium generally has up to 36 stems." I say as I continue to write down the rest of the man's order.

"Um I'll take a medium then."

"Ok, and what is your name?" I say as I finish the order.

"Mitch. M-I-T-C-H" he says out loud and I quickly write it down.

"And a last name please?" I ask.

"Rowland. R-O-W-L-A-N-D." He says and I hold back a laugh at how low his voice his.

"Ok sir, your bouquet is $30.99 and it will be ready in about 3 hours, sorry for the wait, we are really busy. Thank you for ordering at Oasis flower shop!" I say and he mutters a quick thank you and hangs up.

I step back for a second and I see Annabelle standing with the flowers, gathering them up for a customer that is supposed to be here in an hour or so.

"Anna!" I shout to her and she turns to me and playfully groans.

"Ugh, Dian don't tell me-" I cut her thick french accent off.

"You have another order!" I sarcastically smile.

"Dang it." She says and throws her head back, groaning.

Ring ring

"Oh my god." I say but quickly put a smile on my face trying to sound happy. "Hello! Thank you for calling Oasis flower shop! How can I help you?"

"Could I have a bouquet of flowers please?" The woman asks.

"Sure, what kinds of flowers?"

"Tulips, pink and blue, and could you add a couple sunflowers in them please?" She asks and I quickly scribble it down.

"You sure can! How big would you like it?" I ask, putting it into the register already to calculate the price.

"As small as you can, but more tulips than sunflowers please."

"Sure thing! Anything else?"

"Nope, thank you though!" She says sweetly.

"No problem, your order is exactly $40, thank you for calling Oasis flower shop! Oh and your order will be ready when we close at, 6:30." I say.

"Thank you sweetheart." She says and we mutter quick byes and she hangs up.

I put my head in my hands and sigh deeply.

I guess Anna heard me because I see from the corner of my eye, her feet walking towards me.

"Are you ok?" She asks and I just nod.

"Uh, oui...I'm just tired." I shrug.

She looks at me and nods. "Me too."

"Well we're almost done, c'est presque 2:30."
I say and she takes a deep breath.

"Ok, I'll start putting the rest of the orders together." She says and leaves me at the register again.

Ring ring.

I groan and pick up the phone.

"Hi there! This is Oasis flower shop, how may I help you?" I fake smile as I start writing down the customer's order.