5

Dianthe

August 18th

Harry :
Hey Dianthe, I know it's a bit early but I was wondering if you want to meet up again?

I smile while Ms. Anna paints my nails and nice light green colour.

She looks up at me and I see a glimmer or playfulness in her eyes.

"Est-ce que c'est Harry?" She asks and I roll my eyes but nod at the same time.

She screams.

Full on screams.

Ow.

"Anna!" I scold and she just shrugs me off.

"What did he say?"

"He just wants to meet up again, I'll just tell him we're having a girls day and we can tom-" I say but get cut off.

"NO! You need to see him. Now, je vais finir ça, and then we're getting ready!" She says excitedly.

"Anna, let me text him back calm down." I say and she takes my hand again and starts painting them. I get kind of scared because she's still excited so I don't want her to mess them up.

I struggle as I text with one hand.

Me
Sure! I'm hanging out with Anna right now, but we can meet up later if you want, what time?

I get a response almost immediately.

Harry
Of course! I could pick you up at around 6, we can go for a drive if you're comfortable with that?

I look up and see Anna just staring at me.

"WHAT DID HE SAY?!" She screeches and I roll my eyes.

"He wants to go on a drive, I barely know him though. " I say, not knowing what to do.

I'm still surprised that he's still talking to me.

"Chèrie, he won't kidnap you, and if you feel like he will, just text me the word 'pamplemousse' and I will come save you." She smiles and I roll my eyes again, laughing.

"What do I say?" I ask, not knowing what to do in this situation.

"Dit, oui, on peut aller. What else would you say?" She looks at me like I'm dumb.

"What else would you say?" I mock her French accent and she looks at me like she's about to hit me.

"Bitch." She mutters and I fake gasp, pretending to be offended. "Text him! He's probably waiting!" She says and I nod and grab my phone, quickly typing out a response.

Me
Sure we could go! What do you have in mind?

"Dianthe?" Anna questions and I look at her.

"Quoi?"

"Why do you make me paint your nails all the time?" She asks, completely off topic. "Why me?" She asks and I just shake my head.