3

Dianthe

August 1st

"Ok, we're here!" Anna says and I look out and see a little coffee shop.

"Beachwood café" I read and I look at her as she smiles.

Unbuckling her seatbelt she reaches to open her door. "Ok let's go!" She gets out and I do the same.

We walk in and I instantly feel warmth.

I get a feeling that I can't explain, like it just feels warm.

I snap out if my cozy state as I see Anna walk forward towards the register.

There are a couple people in the café, but not too many luckily.

I look at the menu and decide to just get an iced coffee and a chocolate muffin.

We go up to the cashier and Anna starts ordering.

"Could I have an um, iced mocha please?" The cashier nods.

I look over to Anna and see she doesn't want anything else so I place my order.

Anna pays and I promise to pay her back which she just shakes her head.

"You don't need to pay me back Dianthe. It's not even that much!" She says and I laugh a bit.

"I'll find a way to pay you back." I say as we walk over to a small table near the corner and I sit down.

"I'll grab the drinks, un moment." She says and walks away to the counter and waits for our orders.

Taking out my phone, I check the time and see it's 3:58p.m.

Before I know it, Anna comes back and sits across from me, close to the wall.

"Thank you!" I exclaim and smiles at me. "Are you working at the pool tomorrow?" I ask as a tall man sits at the table to my left.

I see him glance over at me, but pay it no mind.

"Oui, but not all day, just in the afternoon." She says and I nod. "Why, chérie?"

"Oh, I was thinking of dropping by and saying hi to everyone." I smile and she smiles.

"That's good, the kids miss yo-" The man beside us cuts her off.

"Dianthe?" He asks and I immediately recognize the accent.

"Harry?" I turn, and he smiles and takes off his sunglasses, putting them on the table. "What are you doing here?" I wonder.

"I come here almost every day, I should be asking you that." He laughs and I smile, shaking my head.

I turn my head and see Anna confused but with an amused smile on her face.

Oh no.

"Oh, um Harry this is my best friend Anna. And Anna this is Harry, I met him yesterday at the field." I say and her eyes grow wide and she smiles.

"Bonjour Harry!" She says and I try not to slap my head.

"I'm sorry she starts speaking french when she's excited." I say and give her a glance telling her don't even think about it.

He chuckles a bit and smiles. "That's ok. Do you speak French as well?" He asks in his husky voice as he looks over at me.

"Ya, I have since I was little and I met Anna and realized she's native from France so we connected I guess." I laugh and look at her. "Ok, I'm so sorry but I have to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." I look Anna dead in the eyes and almost telepathically tell her not to do something stupid.

Knowing that something is going to happen, I stop myself from rolling my eyes, and I get up, and look around for a bathroom.

"Oh, the washroom is over there love," he says and points to the door.

I look at him and smile, uttering a small thank you.

Oh god Anna.

-

*No one*

She tries not to scream at the possible love story her best friend is starting and she turns to Harry and he smiles sweetly.

"So, do you like Dianthe?" She asks right away, in her thick French accent.

He looks a bit taken back but he responds pretty quickly.

"Ya, she's seems really sweet, I've seen her a lot at the sunflower field, I think I've always had a small crush on her and yesterday I finally had the courage to approach her." He says and nervously rubs the back of his neck.

"I'm pretty sure she likes you already, her eyes looked like they lit up when she noticed you. And believe me, chèrie is definitely not the one to do that, especially to someone she met a day ago." Anna says smirking and takes a sip of her coffee.

He blushes, and tries to cover it up with a chuckle. "You call her cherry?" He asks, curiously.

"It's french for darling, and she's going to be back in a few seconds so I'm gonna do you a favour and give you her number." Anna says and quickly grabs a pen and a napkin, scribbling the 10 digit number down.

"Are you sure she's ok with that?" Harry asks respectfully.

"Harry, she's never going to give you her number, so just take it from me." Anna says and quickly hands Harry the napkin and he goes to protest but sees Dianthe coming out of the bathroom, so he stuffs it into his pocket without thinking.

-

Dianthe

I dry my hands and look at myself in the mirror.

Realizing I look kind of gross I cringe at myself and walk out of the room.

I get back to my table and see Harry looking kind of nervous.

Oh no.

I give Anna another look, saying, we'll talk later.

I sit down and smile at both of them.

-

After about 30 minutes of sitting in the coffee shop, we headed off and now Anna is taking me home.

"Anna, what did you say to him?" I ask her and she smirks and looks at me.

"Je ne parle pas l'anglais!" She exclaims and I roll my eyes.

"Oh, so you weren't just speaking english like three minutes ago?" I ask her and she just shrugs at me and I shake my head. "What did you do Annabelle."

- - -

Word count : 1022

Please point out any mistakes I made, I finished this at 10 pm on my bed, so....please?