10

Harry

August 19th

Walking towards Jeff's office, I pass a lovely old lady who I haven't seen before.

I smile at her and she does the same, and after I round the corner, I head to his office.

I walk in and he's doing some paperwork, and he looks up when he hears me.

"Harry! Sit down." He says and I sit on the chair in front of him.

I grab a peppermint candy from the jar on his desk, and smile at him, as I pop it into my mouth.

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask immediately.

"Ok, so don't take this the wrong way, but who's that girl? You know the new one?" He asks me and I get taken aback, not expecting that at all.

"She's my friend. I met her a couple weeks ago, and she's really sweet, she can be a pain in the ass though." I chuckle, thinking about last night.

"Only a few weeks? And you let her come into the studio? What if she recorded something and posted it?" He says and I look at him confused.

"She wouldn't do that." I say, completely trusting her.

She's too pure.

"And you don't know that? Do you?" He says, putting his fingertips together on the desk.

I look at him even more baffled.

"You didn't care when I brought other friends into the studio." I say and he just sighs.

"Harry. I was just making sure, because I don't want stuff to get out about the new album." He says and I just sigh a bit.

He doesn't even know the one song I did write...is about her.

"Well then what do you want to happen?" I ask.

"You can keep her in your life, I don't have control over that, but just don't try and have a lot of people hear the songs in making." He says soothingly.

Jeff has always been such a great friend of mine but I'm very confused right now.

"Um sure...I don't even know if she liked coming to the studio anyways..." I say, making an excuse.

I'm still going to play snippets of my music to her.

I have to. If I don't, I'm not showing her any part of me.

"Ok, one more thing. Try to keep your guys' friendship on the down low, for now at least." He says and I raise an eyebrow.

I wasn't going to anyways, I don't want to expose her sweet soul to the cruel media.

But it doesn't make sense why he would specifically say.

"Just...Harry. The media has never seen you with a um..how do I not sound rude..." he says, while I sit utterly confused.

"A girl? They have plenty of times." I roll my eyes at all the relationship stunts I've had to do.

"No Harry. She's a girl, yes. But you know....she's different." He says and I completely understand what he's saying now.

Her skin colour.

"Different how? That she's Canadian? That she's not famous?" I push him, not getting why he even has to bring this up.

"Harold...I'm not trying to be rude to her, but imagine how much she's going to go through. All the girls you've dated before got so much hate already. Add race on top of that. I know this isn't your fans but the media. They are going to tear this poor girl up and she's going to suffer." He speaks out and I just shake my head looking down.