☆ 3 ☆

The tension in the house over the past few days had been intense, in the unknown of when the Dark Lord would strike next. The Christmas break, which had allowed River and the others time off from school, was coming to an end; and much to her dismay she would have to leave Sirius' family home. Speaking of which, over the time in which she had stayed there, she had spent several moments with Sirius, some of which intimate, but she tried to shake them off as nothing had come of them, but her mind would be constantly repeating them over and over. When she thought of him she felt a certain way, but she had trouble figuring out her emotions. One thing she had picked up on throughout your stay though was Remus' lack of interaction; he was becoming mysterious, and had hardly spoken to her. River would catch him staring every now and then, but he must have just been getting distracted from whatever he was meant to be doing.

Today was the day she were to leave Grimmauld Place, she wasn't particularly happy about it as she had enjoyed your stay with the Weasleys and her friends, but it was time to go back to Hogwarts.

Using her wand to pack, she heard a subtle knock on the door and in response she shouted "Come in!" in a high spirited voice. To her surprise Sirius had opened your door and stepped into her room, which he hadn't done before.

"Oh- Hi, are you okay?" she asked timidly, not knowing what he had come for.

"Yes, I'm going out shortly and I know that you will be leaving to catch the express, I wanted to see you before I leave." he said smiling.

Not knowing what to say she spluttered out, "Oh okay, I guess I will see you soon, then." trying not to sound disappointed. He began to walk closer to her, making her feel nervous as she looked at her feet. Before she knew it he was just inches away from her face, and she began to struggle for air, intimidated by how little space there was between them.

"I'm going to miss you being here, River." as he started to lift his hand to her cheek and gently brush across her face with his thumb. A blush began to spread across her face, not knowing how to react to the gesture. In the blink of an eye, his lips had gently touched hers; she pulled away rapidly as she was trying to process what had just happened. A disappointed, and slightly sad expression appeared on Sirius' face.

"Sorr-" he tried to say before she brought his face down to hers, not knowing what had come over her, her arms were quickly wrapped around his neck, and his hands on the small of her back. His soft lips merging with hers, as she thought what is happening righ- a knock on the door dragged her back to reality, remembering where she was as they both lost each other's warm touch.

Fred walked in the door and his eyes widened as he saw the two of them standing next to each other.

"I was help- helping Miss Hope get her things together..." he said in an unconvincing way.

"Oh-I-Okay, I was just getting my trunk and came to tell River that we were leaving soon." Fred replied awkwardly before walking past them to pick up his trunk and quickly walked out again without saying anything else.

Silence fell in the room as she looked up to see what he was doing, he had a finger on his lip and was staring at the door in which one of the Weasley twins had just left from.

"I'm sorry-" she began to say before she was immediately interupted.

"Sorry? Why are you sorry? Do you regret it? It's my fault, I should be apologising." Sirius' said rapidly.

"What makes you think I regret it?" she replied.

"I'm not sure what happened but I certainly didn't hate it. I'm just worried about Fred, he didn't see anything did he?"

"I sure hope not... my god please do not speak of this to anyone, if Harry were to find out that I had... this had happened with one of his friends, he would never forgive me."

He looked at her one more time before quickly leaving the room. She couldn't figure out how he felt about what just happened, did he regret it?
She felt a tingly sensation in her body, thinking about the kiss.

Was this how she felt about him? Harry's godfather?!

She took a moment to recompose herself before taking her trunk downstairs and met with the other Hogwarts students. Once she arrived downstairs it seemed Sirius was gone.

Oh god, he hated her, or at least didn't feel the same as he did before their moment together.

Before she knew it, she had said your goodbyes to the people at the order's HQ and had apparated with Fred, George, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny to platform 9 and 3/4. The whole journey Fred had not looked at her once, let alone speak to her, what did he see she thought to herself.

A couple of hours later she had slumped into your bed back in the girls dormitories, too tired to unpack from your busy and eventful day, she decided it was time to have a good nights rest, trying to get the thoughts of Sirius out of her mind.

•••

She was awoken suddenly during the night, by a slight knocking on the door, however it had not awoken the other girls who were sleeping. She creeped out of bed, wearing only shorts and a vest as pyjamas and unlocked the door before she...

"Remus?!" River whispered loudly "What the fuck are you doing here? It's the middle of the night! Your not even supposed to be here, you quit remember!" she said angrily, still trying to be quiet.

"I know, I know i'm sorry for the intrusion, but I couldn't help but feel ashamed of my behaviour back at Sirius' house" he responded apologetically, his name alone brought her up in goosebumps.

"Well it's a bit late now. You've been ignoring me all bloody week. And if that's all you have to say, leave, I'm tired and I can't believe your even here." she responded harshly, not meaning to sound as nasty.

"I'm- I'm sorry, River, your right I shouldn't be here..." his words began to trail off as he began walking away from her door.

"Wait, Remus- I'm sorry I didn't mean to be so mean, it was just a bit unexpected that's all. Do you want to talk?" she asked questioningly.

"Yeah, um, okay, in the common room?" he responded. You nodded in agreement, knowing that no one would be there due to the time of night. They both began to walk down the stairs.

River and Professor Lupin had grown close whilst he taught at Hogwarts, also getting to know him during holidays and time off school when everyone would stay at the Burrow. They got along well, as they bonded over your love of DADA. He was a charming man, with light brown hair, and scars across his face (from transitioning monthly into a werewolf) that she thought were beautiful. When him and Tonks met they both drifted, as he moved away after quitting his position at hogwarts, he would only come home a few times a year. Until now, when he moved back due to You Know Who returning. People thought their friendship was odd, seeing as he was her teacher; but now he was no longer, she could be more open with him.

They entered the gryfindor common room and both sat down at either end of the sofa, in front of the fizzling out fire; both waiting for the other to say something.

I know this has only got like 10 views ahahaha but could someone please comment what they thought of this idk how i feel about it, please give criticism ahahaha