☆ 11 ☆

ahhhhhh no.22 on lupin!!! thankyou so much :)

The day of the the full moon came. River awoke to the blinding sunlight bursting into her room, and birds outside making a racket. She clambered out of bed and completed her morning routine; shower, makeup, and getting dressed, before going downstairs for breakfast. Sirius and Remus were downstairs, chatting casually as Sirius stuffed his mouth with food. River walked in, causing Sirius to choke on is food, and took a seat on the counter top, opposite Remus, who was sat at the table, and to the right of Sirius who was leant against the same counter. It was slightly awkward for a moment, seeing as her and Sirius hadn't resolved the argument they had the day previously.

"Morning, what are the plans for today then?" she asked, assuming Remus wouldn't be staying at Grimmauld Place for his transition.

"Well, we will go to the Burrow in a little while, Molly let's us use the field and woods surrounding seeing as I can't really use the Shack at the moment-"

"Am I missing something here? Who's 'we'?" Sirius interrupted. River looked at Remus questioningly.

"Urm- Yeah- I thought it was best for you to tell him- so- so, I'll leave you to it." Remus stuttered and began to leave the room, mouthing 'good luck' to her, whilst Sirius was looking at her for an answer.

"Tell me what, River?" Sirius said, raising an eyebrow.

"Ah, yes, about that. So, yesterday Remus- kind of, maybe helped me become an animagus-"

"HE BLOODY WHAT?!"

"Calm down, I made him do it, I wanted to help tonight. He didn't have a choice. And be quiet you'll wake the twins up." she answered.

"Not happening. Do you have any idea how dangerous it is? Nope, not allowing it."

"Not being funny, Sirius, but you're not really in a position to tell me what I can and cannot do." she said, raising an eyebrow, referencing to the argument and, let's say, incident yesterday.

"This has got nothing to do with that, and you know it. You're not going."

"Sirius, I'm 18, I can do it, and I don't need your permission. Stop trying to control what I do just because you couldn't when you were locked up for 12 years." she spat. Not realising what she had just said, she slapped her hand over her face, "Sirius, I-"

He looked at the floor, now shaking his head and laughing slightly, "Shouldn't have expected anything less, as nasty as your father-"

"SIRIUS!" yelled Remus, who had just re-entered the room. They both looked at him, then she turned to back to Sirius, finally realising what he had just said.

"What did you just say?"

"He said nothing, River-" Remus answered for him.

"Yes he did, he mentioned-"

"No I didn't. This argument never happened, and you're right, I can't say what you can and cannot do, let's just move on. But if you get hurt, I will kill you myself." Sirius said, jokingly, trying to move on from the subject - clearly realising his mistake. River also agreed it was best to move on, and nodded.

She kept wondering though, about her father, she had assumed he was dead or just a twat that wasn't worth her time - seeing as her mum never mentioned him.

"As I was saying, we'll go to the Burrow in a bit, and go from there. But, River, you don't have to do this, remember." Remus said, still trying to persuade her not to try and help.

"Do shut up, Remus, I'm coming. And will we be staying at the Burrow?" she said.

"I probably won't, don't want to be a nuisance. But you and Sirius can, if you'd like, save you from the journey back? Sirius still shouldn't be apparating yet, and the Burrow is about an hour away by broom. We don't have any floo powder."