☆ 12 ☆

So excited for the end of this story cannot explain!!! hope you're all enjoying :)
-elena♡

River's eyes flickered open, as she tried to comprehend what had happened and how she had come to be slumped against a tree with torn clothes - before a surging pain shot through her. Covered in blood, she came to realise that her thigh had been deeply cut and was still bleeding. Memories of the night began to pour in, Remus had lost himself and attacked anything in his path, acting berserk and savage.

But the wolfsbane should have stopped that, she thought, before realising that this was not the time to be thinking about that. River climbed to her feet, wincing at the pain with every movement, and began limping through the woods.

"Sirius! Remus!" she called, whimpering inbetween words, hoping for any sign of help or familiarity. She hobbled along the uneven path, still calling their names, looking frantically around, as movement to her left caught her attention. Sirius was kneeling on the ground, his clothes also ripped and his body cut and bruised, next to Remus who was battered, and shaking violently.

"River! My god, your leg!" Sirius called out, now running to her.

"Don't just bloody leave him there! I can still walk, you fool!" she said, as Sirius wrapped his arm around her, helping her walk back to Remus.

"I'm- I'm so sorry, River, I don't know what- what happened, the wolfsbane should have kept me some-what sane-" Remus started, noticing her leg as she practically fell beside him.

"Don't you dare apologise, I knew what I signed up for. At least it's still attached." she joked, trying to distract Remus from the awful gashes all over his body and in between the rips of his clothes. Sirius tore his own shirt and tied it around the top of her leg, she tried to push him away but he smacked her hand out of as he tied the knot tightly, making her yelp.

"I'm sorry, but it needs to stop bleeding. I cant get you both back quick enough, I've sent a patronus message to the Burrow, someone should be here any minute now." Sirius said, as Remus' whimpering stopped, "Moony? Moony! Now is not the time to fucking pass out mate!"

But Remus had done just that, he was still breathing, but no longer conscious. Sirius shook him, trying to get him to wake, but it was no use.

"Sirius, stop it! That's not going to help, let's get him up, if we at least start walking we will meet whoever's coming on the way." she said, cupping his face and trying to calm him.

"Your not going anywhere. Anymore walking and that bloody leg will fall off. We're waiting."

But they didn't have to wait long, just seconds later Bill, Tonks, Fred and George were running towards the three of them.

"What on earth are you two doing here?" she groaned, trying to get up. Tonks and Bill had now helped Sirius get Remus to his feet, the twins did the same for River.

"Well someone left us alone back at Grimmauld Place with no supervision and not even a note to say where everyone was," Fred started, she had an arm around his neck and the other around George's, as they all headed back to the Burrow, Remus, Tonks, Sirius and Bill traipsing behind.

"And being the mature people we are, decided to come back here." George finished.

"After you trashed the place, I'm assuming-" she said, her vision now going blurry.

"Bloody hell woman! Be careful would you?" Sirius yelled at Tonks after she tripped on a stick, nearly dropping Remus.

His voice was the last River heard, before awakening on the Weasleys couch. Bill was sat beside her, and instantly alerted everyone you were waking up.  "Took your time, River." Bill laughed, stroking her hair.

"How long have I been like this?"

"About 12 hours, it's 7pm, you had us worried sick." Remus answered, sitting on the edge of the sofa next to you. "I'm so sorry. I don't know what happened, River, I can't remember anything."

"Remus, I told you stop saying sorry, it's not your fault. It's not that bad anyways, is it?" she said, now lifting up the blanket, which revealed her bloody leg with a large scar running from her knee to hip, similar to the ones on Remus' and Bills faces.

"I healed it pretty quickly, and I tried to get rid of the scar but- but it just won't budge." Bill said apologetically. Remus suddenly left the room, not able to look at the damage he caused.

"Remus, it really doesn't matter, I promise, I'm still here-" she tried to say but he had already left the house. "Thankyou, Bill. But where's Sirius?"

"He's fine, dear, don't worry he's just upstairs," Mrs Weasley interrupted, ushering Bill away so she could be beside her, "him and Bill had a bit of a squabble when they got back, he wanted to help you but Bill told him it wasn't the time and that he also needed to be seen to." she whispered.

"Oh, okay." River frowned, "Do we have any idea why the wolfsbane didn't work?" she asked, trying to understand what happened.

"We should have an answer to that soon, I owled Severus, told him it was urgent, he has some explaining to do."

Just as Molly finished her sentence, the door began pounding and Bill instantly opened it, Snape entered. "What happened?" he questioned, once seeing River, and probably Remus, who had gone outside.

"Remus lost his shit last night, is what happened." Sirius, who had now come downstairs, said angrily. In a matter of seconds, Sirius had launched himself at Snape, his arm over his neck and pushing him into the wall. "Did you fuck the wolfsbane up on purpose, Snivellus, or did it go wrong because you can't do anything right?" Sirius spat, but earning nothing but gasps for breath from Snape, "Answer me, you coward!"

"Sirius! Get off of him, he can't breathe!" River yelled, getting off the sofa, her body still aching but no longer in pain. "Let him talk."

Reluctantly, Sirius eased off and everyone sighed in relief, "I didn't do it on purpose. I've been supplying him with it for the last 2 years, why would I have reason to do it now?" Snape said, recomposing himself, "But I do think I am to blame, I left it on my desk for days before bringing it to you, and I'm pretty sure Dolores doesn't trust me, she must know I've been delivering something, but she couldn't possibly know what it was. She must have swapped it or something when she came into my office a few days ago, assuming that it was what I was delivering."

"How can you be so stupid, allowing her into your office? Leaving it lying around?" Sirius snapped, River shot him a glare.

"I have to pretend to have some sort of alliance with her, or she'll kick me out just as she did Trelawney." Snape said, and now turned to River, "I'm sorry, Miss Hope, please give my apologies to Lupin as well, he doesn't look in the best of states," he turned to Sirius, "cannot say the same for you, however."

And with that, he left, apparating just seconds after leaving the house. Fred and George, who had just caught the end of the conversation with Snape entered the room. "Well, that sounded great." Fred said sarcastically.

"Oh shut it, Fred. This is serious, if Umbridge has even the slightest inclination that we are the Order, she will go straight to Fudge - or knowing her, Voldemort. Even Snape coming here was risky." Molly said worriedly. Everyone gathered round, including Remus who had now come back inside, the same look of fear plastered on their faces.

"We are so screwed." said George.