☆ 17 ☆

A hospital bed passing by awoke River, who's head was currently resting on Remus' shoulder. The two were sat on chairs outside one of St. Mungos hospital rooms, alongside Kingsley, Tonks, Harry and Hermione, who were all dosing in and out of sleep, after the events of last night caused chaos within the Order and people involved.

Ginny Weasley had been caught up in the attack on Hogwart's, suffering a broken leg and several other injuries, but with a couple of weeks rest and magic, she should be back to her normal self. Arthur, Molly, Ron, and the twins hadn't left Ginny's side the whole time - Charlie and Bill had been sent letters informing them of the news, they thought fit not to tell Percy, him being busy at the Ministry and all. Most students, including Cedric, had made it out of the school in time; however some weren't as fortunate.

Twins Padma and Parvati Patil were killed, both dying in an attempt to save one another, these were the only student deaths reported yet - others lay in critical condition with Madame Pomfrey and some having to be moved to St. Mungo's due to the lack of room. One death eater was also found dead at the school, Goyle's father - many claiming Minerva Mcgonagall sent him the unforgivable curse.

This attack confirmed the start of the Second Wizarding War to most, but the Ministry were still adamant on denying it, whatever it took.

Snape hadn't been seen since, and it was safe to say River had more than a few questions. Did he know about the attack? Is that why he pulled her out? What did he need to tell her?

But what she was most concerned about at this time, was Sirius. He hadn't been seen since yesterday, he wasn't at Grimmauld Place and he wasn't at the Burrow - he hadn't owled or anything. But they weren't exactly able to ask the Ministry where the person they still believe is a mass murdering psychopath was.

"How are you feeling?" came Remus' voice, causing Hermione to stir.

"I'm fine, thankyou. What time is it now? Is he back yet? Has Snape shown up?" River began questioning, Remus let out a light chuckle.

"Calm down. It's about 1pm, I think. Sirius isn't back yet, but I'm sure he's fine, just needed a breather from that god awful house is all." Remus comforted, "And Snape- well, I have no idea what that sod is up to, but I'm sure all will be resolved when he finally decides to show up."

"Sorry, I'm just a bit shaken up. It's all become a bit real all of a sudden, you know? I wasn't in there, but they must have been terrified." she sighed.

"I understand." he smiled sadly, "And while it's just us, I wanted to apologise-"

"Oh, bugger," River interrupted, annoyed, "I've still got this bloody dress on, look like I'm about to go to a wedding while I'm in this morbid place." she rolled her eyes.

Hermione, who was now fully awake, spoke up, "I brought some spare clothes, if you'd like to borrow them?"

"You little life-saver, Hermione, thankyou." she replied, taking the vest and baggy jeans from her. "I'll be right back, Remus, and you can finish what you were going to say."

River used the nearest toilet to change, she re-emerged, just meters down from where they were seated, brushing down her clothes. Looking up, she caught sight of Sirius, who looked to be in a serious conversation with Remus in the corner of the corridor, just as everyone sat back down from acknowledging his reappearance.

Without hesitation, she immediately sped over, pulled him out of his chat with Remus and harshly shoved him, "Where the bloody hell have you been?! There's been an attack and you decided to go fucking walkies!" she said rather loudly.

"Please, River, calm down and lower your voice-"

"You ever tell me to calm down again, I will actually hex you into next year." she glared at him.