☆ 8 ☆

Author Notes:
500 views!!! I cant even explain how much that means, thankyou so so much to anyone who's read this, voted or just interacted with me in general:) I hope your enjoying it<3
Again if anyone has anything that they would like included please let me know!
- elena♡

Everyone sat, chewing nails, bouncing legs or portraying any sign of anxiety; whilst awaiting for Sirius' return.

Arthur and Kingsley were working at the Ministry still and wouldn't return to the Burrow for a while - where Tonks would be waiting to tell them what had happened. River hadn't spoken a word since you had all apparated back, she felt so guilt-ridden she wouldn't blame them, or Sirius, if they held her responsible for what had happened. Rivers thoughts began to trail off.

He could have died, all because of my need not to get caught-

Before she was interrupted by a loud smashing on the door, which made the whole house rattle. Assuming it was Hagrid, River shot out of the room and ran to the door, opening it as fast as her hands could move. Hagrid stood there, Sirius in his arms - still not awake. His blood had now spread to Hagrid as well. Everyone was now stood behind them, looking up to Hagrid.

"The journey was jus' fine. Bit a'turbulence here and there, but apart from that, no problems," Hagrid said proudly, "bet he's glad he gave the motorcycle to me now, eh?" he chuckled, trying to brighten the mood.

"Yes Hagrid, I'm sure he is. Come on now, let's get him in his room and let him rest." Molly Weasley replied, sounding sympathetic. "Follow me, dear." she gestured Hagrid to follow her up the stairs, to which he complied. Each step he took up the stairs was followed by a loud thud and the house trembling, due to his enormous size. River followed them quickly up the stairs, whilst everyone else returned to the kitchen table. The three of themwent to his room, and Hagrid dropped him on the bed, earning a huff from Mrs Weasley. River started to pull his covers over him before Molly stopped her.

"We need to get him cleaned up first darling, help me would you? I will go down and get some warm water and a cloth. You get that shirt off of him and chuck it in the wash pile." she smiled, and River nodded in response before she left the room. She thanked Hagrid for bringing him home but he picked her up and hugged her tightly, almost cracking her ribs.

"It's not yer fault, y'know. I know that yer think it is, but it was your only option. Just you wait 'til he wakes, mark my words he will be thankin' yer for getting him outta there." he said, trying to comfort her. Although he was still hugging River tightly, she let out muffled sobs into his shoulder, he put her down and wiped her tears with his huge thumb, crouching slightly. "There, there. Just think about how bloody proud yer Mum would be! It's not easy to apparate that quickly and let alone in a panic."

She calmed down at his comforting words, "Thankyou, Hagrid, not just for this, but for getting him back here too." she said softly, her voice trembling. He smiled down, left the room and trudged down the stairs.

River turned back to Sirius, who was laying just as lifelessly as before. She wiped down herr tears and began unbuttoning his black shirt gently and began to slide it off his arms, trying not to hurt him further. She  noticed he had faded black tattoos covering his chest and uninjured arm, that she had no idea the meaning to as they had no pattern or shape that she could recognise - yet they were still so attractive to her and she couldn't help but be drawn in further. River began to try and pull the soaked shirt off of his wounded arm, being delicate as doing so. The slash on his shoulder reached from his collarbone to under his arm, and it was beginning to form a thin layer over it, from the ditanny Remus had given him. She chucked his shirt onto the other pile of clothes in his room, assuming they were dirty.