☆ 15 ☆

because i'm indecisive as fuck she's wearing this to the ball instead :)

After arriving back at the Black family home, with River's dress, her and Sirius found Remus sat at the kitchen table reading The Daily Prophet.

"What's that for?" he asked, spotting her dress.

"Dumbledore's shipping her back off to Hogwart's." Sirius said dramatically, Remus had a confused look on his face.

"What? Why?"

"I thought they would have told you, since you're taking me and all," River added, causing Sirius to roll his eyes, "I have to go to the ball tonight, he thinks Draco may already have become a Death Eater, wants me to find out what I can."

"So he thinks there is a new member of Voldemort's army and decides to send you chasing after him? How much stupider can that man get." Remus complained.

"See! He understands what I mean." Sirius folded his arms.

They were right, it wasn't a great idea, Umbridge would be there and if Dumbledore was right, a Death Eater. But River wanted to prove herself useful.

"Do you want me to take this upstairs, River?" Sirius asked, motioning to her dress and shoes.

"If you wouldn't mind, thankyou."

"I'm practically a slave." Sirius whined.

"You literally just offered- you know what, never mind." River rolled her eyes as Sirius left. "I'm sorry about last night, Remus." she said after a few moments of silence.

"Forget it happened, River." he said, not even looking at her.

"Please don't be angry at me."

"I have no reason to be angry, we were drunk, it really doesn't matter." he said, still not looking in her direction, "We drunk a tad too much, we kissed, you went to bed - that's all.

"Yeah- um- that's all." she lied. "How has your day been?" she asked, trying to move on.

"It was okay. Tonks came over earlier." he said, putting down the newspaper and taking a sip of his tea.

"Oh, really? How was she?" she said surprised, the two hadn't really interacted much - at least she thought.

"She was fine." he responded bluntly, leaving an awkward silence between the two.

"Okay- um- I'm just going to..." River trailed off, leaving the room and going upstairs and into her room. "SIRIUS! WHERES MY DRESS GONE?" she shouted hoping he would hear. Just moments later Sirius entered.

"It's in my room, stupid."

"What? Why- oh- no, Sirius, we can't. What if the twins come back and I'm not staying in here? Or Molly?" she replied, understanding that he wanted her to stay in his room.