Festival

I woke up late in the morning. Although tired, I got up anyway to avoid sleeping the whole day through.

I walked out into the livingroom, dazedly as I slid my feet across the floor. I was startled by many sounds coming from the kitchen. Peering over, I saw Naruto eating a bowl of cereal. He slowly looked over at me.

"Sorry, I was going to ask, but you were sleeping so peacefully," He explained.

I told him it was alright and continued to grab myself a bowl of cereal.

I cleared my throat as I sat down in the chair beside his.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked shyly.

"It was like sleeping at a five star hotel," he joked, "Yeah, it was quite comfortable."

"That's good," I responded, soon after I scooped some cereal into my mouth.

We awkwardly sat in my kitchen, listening to ourselves crunching on our cereal. It was different, but I didn't mind. It was kind of nice not having to eat breakfast all by myself.

"So, are you busy?" I asked him, "Or do you want to hang out today?"

"Yeah! I mean- I'm not busy," He fumbled, "I'd love to hang out! What should we do?"

"I don't know... How about we take a walk, then see what's going on?" I suggested.

"Sure!"

Naruto and I got ready and walked out and about around the town. Today wasn't too busy, everyone must have been on vacation and out of town. A few cars drove past us down the street. It was only until I noticed that most of the roads were closed off because of a festival that would start up late this evening.

"Oh, look!" I spoke, pointing towards a large, handwritten sign.

The sign read "Summer Festival!... Food and fun- Tonight around 7:00PM!"

"We should attend!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Sure, why not?" I agreed.

Naruto and I decided to wonder about the area nearby until citizens were allowed to enter. We ended up stopping at McDonalds to sit and eat. Naruto ordered a large fry and a McDouble. I occasionally stole a fry or two from Naruto's tray of food. He didn't seem to notice, as he was busy scrolling away at his phone.

I wondered nervously if I should bring up old memories. I knew it would make things awkward, but maybe it would bring us closer again after all this time. I figured the best time to bring it up would be after the festival.

Later, the festival began allowing citizens in.

"Alright, let go play a bunch of the games and see how many prizes we can win!" Naruto exclaimed, pulling me along beside him.

I followed along with him to the various festival games. Naruto ended up taking me to a small game where you had to pick up a fish with a small, fragile scooper. He tried over and over again, but continued to break the net. I decided to give it a shot. After failing a few times, I got frustrated and Naruto laughed at me. Finally, after spending a much longer time than anticipated, we were able to collect one of the fish.

Embarrassed, we walked away with the tiny fish in a small, plastic bag full of water. We soon walked over to a small staircase and sat down on the steps. Naruto examined the small fish.

"Can we talk? As in... Having a serious conversation... About us?" I asked abruptly.

Naruto set the fish down in his lap and looked over at me.

"Yeah, of course," Naruto answered, "What do you want to discuss exactly?"

"Remember when we were younger?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, when you left... I was just wondering why you didn't tell me everything before you went. Instead, you told me a week later in a letter."

"I guess I was just afraid to tell you in person, because of the reaction you might give me."

...

[[so most importantly, I sort of forgot where I was going with this story. As an idea, I was wondering if you wanted to leave your input and ideas and I might incorporate it into the story.]]