Connections

[A/N: OVER 4K VIEWS! :0 <3]

I was taken home that night by one of the officers. I was so exhausted and mentally drained from all the questioning from earlier. I don't think they suspected me, so they were fine with not taking me in.

Thinking of Sakura and remembering her was the worse right now. I honestly couldn't believe she was gone. I wish I would have been there with her. Walking over to the guest room, I took a deep breath.

I knocked on the door and called out, "Naruto?" As I did, my voice sounded horse and I began to tear up.

He didn't answer, I assumed he was asleep already. Although I didn't want to ruin his sleep telling him the news, I didn't want to hold it off either. I opened the door and walked in, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"What the-?" I thought to myself, noticing an empty room.

Where was Naruto? He left? As I approached the bed, I noticed a red envelope neatly placed on the pillow.

I sighed, "Not this again..."

I opened the letter. It read:
"Sasuke, I'm sorry that I have left again unannounced, something came up and I needed to leave town. Here is the address to where I am currently staying..."

The address was written below. I wondered whether or not I should leave to go see him. Leaving town suddenly might cause the police to suspect me of being the killer.

I left the room and entered mine. I tossed the letter onto my desk and threw myself on my bed. I sighed loudly.

"What the hell is even going on?" I asked myself, "Why is Naruto acting like this? And leaving so suddenly again?"

I stared at the ceiling and let my thoughts wander. I slowly began to think Naruto could've killed Sakura. He did seem a little nervous when I told him that's where I was going. Although, he is probably just jealous too. That also seemed to be why Sakura could've been so awkward around him. Was this the reason he left me before? Because he had killed someone?!

I wish we'd kept in touch better before, the first time he left. I suppose that's my fault though. I am just glad he mentioned where he was this time. I thought I might want to bring the police with me if I went. I slowly began to believe that Naruto had done it, but I had no evidence. Maybe they'd soon find out with the forensics team, so I shouldn't go around and point fingers at everybody.

I decided it would be best to at least call him tomorrow morning. Accusing him of being a murderer would make me look crazy if he had no criminal record before. Although his whereabouts have been strange in the past.

I sighed. It was best to talk to him and figure it out instead of tearing myself apart between all these ideas. I tried to force myself to go to sleep, but the image of Sakura's dead body flashing through my mind kept me awake. I began crying again, wishing that I could go back in time to save her.